1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Editeded August 3rd w/ new Question
NEW QUESTION:

Okay, I put an unpainted CBD hood on my Brilliant Black Charger. The color match is definately off, but I tell you it looks REALLY good.

Does anyone know if the finish on the CBD SRT8 Hood can withstand the elements or if a paint job is absolutely neccessary to prevent damage.

I will probably call CBD first thing in the morning tomorrow, but I figured some of you guys might know as well.

CB

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Old questions removed to my later post [OLD QUESTIONS; POST #6]....PLEASE IGNORE

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
1.I took it to a freind's body shop, and he said it was the best quality aftermarket hood they had seen, no sanding or messing around needed.

2. What do you mean exactly? It mounts with all stock parts so nothing is "NEEDED". But I do recommend The air splitter and silencer pad for under the hood (helps direct air). If you go for those you need about 9 Christmas tree rivets. And the stock SRT scoop bezel. All that stuff is an easy self install, there are a few threads on here with part numbers. Order on makeitmopar.com. As for prices, the scoops like 14 i think, the silencer and splitter are about 50 together i think, and the christmas tree rivets are like 15 for 9 or so... cant really remember

Search for: SRT HOOD PART NUMBERS

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2. It mounts with all stock parts so nothing is "NEEDED". But I do recommend The air splitter and silencer pad for under the hood (helps direct air). If you go for those you need about 9 Christmas tree rivets. And the stock SRT scoop bezel.

What do you mean exactly?

You are right on the money. Everything you stated is exactly what I was looking for; I know it is on this forum somewhere. I just couldn't find it. I think I even posted in the THREAD as a means to book mark it for when I was ready to buy like I am now, but with close to 500 post now. It is work to sort through even what I posted.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Part numbers:
Scoop Bezel #5030262AA
Silencer pad #4854631AB
Pad retainers #4878883AA
Hood scoop air splitter #5030282AC
Hood scoop air splitter retainers #6506293AA

ANCO part # 48-13 (squirters)
ANCO part # 78-764 (hose)

price is going to depend on where you purchase the parts:
www.moparsupercenter.com
www.makeitmopar.com

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Old Questions

1 - Has anyone been faced with any issues getting the CBD Hood prepped before painting? I only ask because paint shops around here have been extremely skeptical when talking to me. I told them it was ready to paint and they were like "They all say that. I've seen some really crappy aftermarket hoods." I think I already know the answer, I just wanted to know if anyone at all had any issues in painting the hood.

2 - Also, I know it is posted on here somewhere but I can not find it. But what other parts do I need to finalize the installation of the CBD Hood. I am asking for names, part numbers, and approx. prices if possible. If someone could find the previous discussions of the needed parts and link it, it would also be helpful.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
3. I'm pretty sure it can withstand the elements, contact CBD just to make sure... now lets see some pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts