130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the AFE Stage 2 CARB certified?

Should I worry about it if it is not?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it. if a cop stops and pulls you over, all you have to tell him is that its DOT approved.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it. if a cop stops and pulls you over, all you have to tell him is that its DOT approved.
Bwhaaaaaaaa - that's hilarious! I've got Brothers who had DOT tattooed on the back of their heads. FTF!

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Back in February this year when I got mine I asked them and they said they were not yet CARB but had submitted their application and were waiting to get the certification. I have no idea how long that takes. And yes, I bought one anyway. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
CARB certification is what's kept me from buying the AFE stage 2. So for the meantime I have a K&N drop-in.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I emailed AFE 3 months ago and they still weren't CARB approved, but they said once they get the approval they would send out the stickers for those who already have the intake.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just don't get rid of your stock airbox....When it's time for a smog test (5 to 6 years) install the stock box.
Yeah I thought about doing that, but I can't justify paying ~$250 for something with very little to no gains. My JBA Catback makes plenty of noise already, so getting it to make even more noise will just attract more attention by the Cops, oh yeah and my Car is black which I guess draws more attention to me according to others on this forum lol...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I emailed AFE 3 months ago and they still weren't CARB approved, but they said once they get the approval they would send out the stickers for those who already have the intake.
I emailed AIRAID 6 months ago about CARB certification and they told me the same.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Yeah I thought about doing that, but I can't justify paying ~$250 for something with very little to no gains. My JBA Catback makes plenty of noise already, so getting it to make even more noise will just attract more attention by the Cops, oh yeah and my Car is black which I guess draws more attention to me according to others on this forum lol...

Then buy a real CAI not a HAI....

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Over the Hill from you (Daly City)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah but we live in Commiefornia and the libtards have their own money generating certification system, so DOT only gets you half way in the door, but CARB cert. is what the Cops out here are trained to look for.

Just like we have those warnings about chemicals that the State of California recognizes the chemical to cause birth defects and/or cancer. I guess California knows more than Chemists, scientists, or doctors. Here in CA the .ca.Gov wants to tell us how to live and do things or pay the consequences, even though in other States this wouldn't be an issue (CARB cert.).

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
i cant verify one way or another on carb or if cops are strictly looking for it or not, but i can tell you chp looks for dot cert. i have specifically asked every cool chp officer i have talked to about this. they have confirmed that a mod needs to be dot approved or it is not allowed on the highways in california.

i got in trouble in roseville with a pd there. he basically told me my tires were slicks and not allowed on the public roads. i had to point out that they were indeed dot approved drag radials meant for track and road and legal to operate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts