Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well was in my First major accident yesterday. I was heading west around 7:00 p.m. last night on a road w/55 mph speed limit. So I was going just over 60 and there is a veh. ahead in my lane going VERY slow. So I proceed to move to left lane to go around, well so does he. So I then proceed to get back in right lane (thinking maybe he was turning left)Well then He does same thing and now I have no were to go its either plow into him or go left and avoid contact. So I turned left and the right rear tire caught and the car flipped! On the roof. So the cop comes and ask's what happened and he said that he was going 30 mph and decided to get out of my way by getting in the left lane!! (got his DL from and cracker jack box!) Well then he says he saw me coming in the same lane so he hits the brakes!! and turns into right lane! The cop asked him if he was trying to do that or just lost? Then he gave the guy a ticket for improper lane usage. I have pics but unsure on how to post them. By the way it was my SRT not my wifes Charger. But now I really need my Daytona to come in SOON!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
John229 said:
Well, more important than pics (I think), are you OK?
I agree!!! Are you OK!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John229 said:
Well, more important than pics (I think), are you OK?

Yeah Amazingly enough we crawled out the back door with out a scratch! I think my dad (RIP) was watching!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
hemibates said:
Well was in my First major accident yesterday. I was heading west around 7:00 p.m. last night on a road w/55 mph speed limit. So I was going just over 60 and there is a veh. ahead in my lane going VERY slow. So I proceed to move to left lane to go around, well so does he. So I then proceed to get back in right lane (thinking maybe he was turning left)Well then He does same thing and now I have no were to go its either plow into him or go left and avoid contact. So I turned left and the right rear tire caught and the car flipped! On the roof. So the cop comes and ask's what happened and he said that he was going 30 mph and decided to get out of my way by getting in the left lane!! (got his DL from and cracker jack box!) Well then he says he saw me coming in the same lane so he hits the brakes!! and turns into right lane! The cop asked him if he was trying to do that or just lost? Then he gave the guy a ticket for improper lane usage. I have pics but unsure on how to post them. By the way it was my SRT not my wifes Charger. But now I really need my Daytona to come in SOON!!
Sorry to hear that, though property can be replaced, not lives or limbs.

Make sure that the accident list him as the at fault party. If so, get your car replaced at his insurance's expense.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,425 Posts
hemibates said:
Yeah Amazingly enough we crawled out the back door with out a scratch! I think my dad (RIP) was watching!
Good to hear there was no injuries.
Sorry you had to go through that and good luck with the Insurance Co.
________
VAPORIZER VIDEO REVIEW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Glad you are doing ok....

cars come and go... people don't...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First off Thanks everyone for you concern. It was crazy scary flipping in car.

2nd off Im a freakin computer illetrate tard. I have Kodak Easyshare ( yeah what ever) and connot get the pics downloaded!! :mad: But my wif says that she thinks she can tomorrow from her desk. (no Easyshare) Sorry for the delay in pics they really are good n scary. If anyone knows a way around that and can help I will do tonight!

Again thanks for the simpothy. 29 yrs old and first "BIG" one!

P.S. My GSM thinks that I did it on purpose to get out of Neg Equity since we have had the invoice to my Daytona for almost a month now (still no show on car) :happy: :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,904 Posts
Ditto, be glad you're posting messages, and not buying a casket (Daytona colors of course)!

One vote for the 4000 lb, solid as a rock LX car!

Gee, what is this forum where we are IN a discussion about slower drivers on the road, and how safe they think they are?

Again, glad everybody's okay, sorry about the trashed ride though. But, if you have to pick one . . .

And finally, in Michigan we are a "no fault" state. Which means you are required to have insurance and should settle with your own company. Then, you sue the other driver, since you are not legally prevented from suing everyone anyway.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
113 Posts
use my free image hosting dude :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Real sorry to hear about your car Hemibates. Like we are all saying I am also glad you and your passangers are OK. I hope you had Gap insurance and get yourself another Charger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Holy crap man!...glad you're OK!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
wow...thats scary, do you think he was doing that to bust balls or was this guy just stupid? We need to get people like this off the road! they're the reason insurance is so high!!! anyways, glad to hear you're ok..thats the most important thing...you said "we" climbed out the back doors. who was in the car with you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Glad your Ok, that's the important thing.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top