Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've got a little problem and I was wondering if you could shed a bit of light for me.

The other day my front left tired exploded (not sure if I hit something or what) and as I was driving in the carpool lane, I bumped into the center divider on the freeway which had both f*ed my rim up pretty good, and dislodged a part of the underside of the car, where the fender ends and there is a 90 degree angle. Not sure if that makes sense... it's the part that's attached to the underside of the fender and makes up the inside of the wheel well. It didn't come all the way off, looking directly at the tire, only a few plastic looking screws came loose from the part to the left of the wheel (front end of the car), and it looks like it's cracked behind the wheel (twards the center of the car).

It's possible that something came off but I didn't see it. It was night when this happened.

Now the problem is, it's not shifting correctly anymore. I'll take off in first, it will usually go into second ok but it doesn't like going into third. The RPM's will just keep climbing even if I let all the way off the gas. This also happens going into fourth and sometimes into second and it almost never want's to go into fifth. It's weird because sometimes it drives ok, but usually it acts weird. I can still drive it, since it DOES shift eventually. Sometimes I can push the autostick to the right and it will shift for me, even though it's on D, and driving in autostick mode doesn't seem to make any difference.

There is no check engine light, and I'm still on my spare tire (I work the night shift so I have to wait until the weekend to get a new tire).

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong with it?

PS. Just because it exists, here is this:
:alfdance:

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
A.) Your talking about the wheel well.
B.) And it needs to be at a speed that it wants to shift, questions is....if you hit that hard, why didnt you get it looked at?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

A.) Your talking about the wheel well.
Right, that's the area that looks sort of damaged. It doesn't look super messed up but then again who knows...

B.) And it needs to be at a speed that it wants to shift, questions is....if you hit that hard, why didnt you get it looked at?
I've had this car for a while, so I already know when it shifts normally. The problem is that it wont shift, I'll be in second gear going 40 miles an hour, and I can let my foot all the way off the gas, the car won't drop out of gear in this case either (to just coast, it revs down as though I was trying to downshift to slow down).

It didn't act this way before, I've driven lots of auto cars and I know how they are supposed to shift, and this one is beyond delayed.

I didn't hit it hard, It just bumped into the divider but I guess it was harder then it felt... I haven't taken it to be seen because as I said, I have to wait until the weekend since I work the night shift (Need my sleep).

The car runs ok, I can drive it and like I said there is no check engine light, so I'm assuming it's not an emergency to get it fixed. I thought perhaps something got knocked loose that may be an easy fix to re-connect, but I'm not sure. Obviously I will get it looked at soon, but in the mean time I'd feel so much better if I could get it goin on my own :p

One thing I forgot to talk about in the first post. The cruse control doesn't work either. At first I could turn it on and use it normally, but it just seems to shut itself off after a few seconds and usually wont even come back on... Probably related.

Any advise on what to check would be much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts