Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car cranks sounds like its guns start and just wont, the car will start and stay on if i press on the gas when released cars shuts off. Today car was dead completely nothing worked jumped it with my other car lights everything came on then dash started flickering and going dim, windshield wipers turned on and then the car died. Anyone ever had this issues with their car? I attached the codes i got when i scanned it anyone had these before that would cause starting issues thanks again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did that all start at once or been ignoring a check engine light for some time? One thing leads to another if you keep running it with cel on. I'd start with o2 sensors if you think they might be fouled. and one of those code is a vacuum leak. Did you mess with the intake or put on some cheap "cold air" intake?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did that all start at once or been ignoring a check engine light for some time? One thing leads to another if you keep running it with cel on. I'd start with o2 sensors if you think they might be fouled. and one of those code is a vacuum leak. Did you mess with the intake or put on some cheap "cold air" intake?
Well the o2 sensor codes been there for a min because i got no cats on the car and i put some defoulers they call em so my check engine light would pop up didnt work and nope everything i got is not cheap stuff, got Legmakers intake, JBA longtubes, borla exhaust, got a 270 comp cam too car was running fine then one night just died on me

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well the o2 sensor codes been there for a min because i got no cats on the car and i put some defoulers they call em so my check engine light would pop up didnt work and nope everything i got is not cheap stuff, got Legmakers intake, JBA longtubes, borla exhaust, got a 270 comp cam too car was running fine then one night just died on me
Ever figure anything out? Check out your ait sensor and make sure it's clean and in there good the way it should be. Double check all your air lines & vacuum lines and all connections prior to your manifold. If one popped off it could cause a ton of trouble like that and car won't stay running if it starts up. I had an ait sensor pop out once and car ran but would just die out if i gave gas at all. Other symptoms really sound like vacuum leak to me.

If you can get it started you could try a can of starting fluid. Just a mist here and there and if it revs up you found your leak.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
You want to be sure they tested the battery properly! if it came back as less than 100%, time for a new one. A failing battery on modern vehicles can cause all kinds of crazy electrical gremlins, and you can chase your tail and spend big bucks for nothing. How has the car been running since you had the battery charged? Has the alternator recall been done? A failing or bad alternator can create the same havoc as a bad battery.

Don

·
Registered
262 Posts
All of sudden happened after the car ran fine? Without being mechanic or understand deeply, I would check 2 areas:
Battery - it seems becomes old in our '14 Chargers, an if never replaced, can suddenly malfunction
Cold Air Intake - I would just try to reinstall it (since it easy DIY thing) , and checking the filter, that it clean.
Good luck to fix the problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts