Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does that really mean? I've read this " BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule " but Im not sure what it actually means. Have they accepted my order as is? How long until it might get scheduled or get a VIN?

And if it means they accepted it does that mean the protection package is not on hold anymore? What would it show when/if they hadn't released the protection package? Also is it quick to get to BG status in 5 days?

Thanks.
edward

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
AF, trying to get you the info...but it doesn't sound good...LIKE THE ORDER WASN'T ACCEPTED!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So that means my car will not go into production until August??? Or what?

edward

·
Registered
630 Posts
NeedForSpeed said:
"BG" Dealer has not been allocated car yet.
We are getting so many different definitions. Let me add mine. When talking to a DCX rep last week he said it was on "a material hold". Meaning the order was valid and the edits cleared, but was not able to be scheduled for being built because some parts or equipment were not available at the factory.

Another resource (via the Brampton folks) have said that this is just the holding status until they begin filling allocation slots for building in the next month, so you may be correct on that matter too in that July's build I have heard is full. Might be that they have yet to begin filling August slots.

Who knows, this is one of the oddest things to be going through. Making a multi-thousand dollar purchase of an item and I am not able to get clear precise information about the status of my order. DCX needs to wake up to the modern world of information and get their communications straighten out from corporate to the dealer to the factory and especially to us customers. I shouldn't be this "vague" and caotic with so many different "theories" and know one seems to be able to give a clear cut answer.

If someone in DCX were to say, "yes, we have your order, it is on hold until we can find a slot for it in August" or maybe "yes, we have your order, it is scheduled to be build during the week of XXX. However, there is a problem with shortages with parts associated with the XXX option you ordered. It may take another 10 days to re-supply". If given clear information up front, the delays and/or set back can be taken in stride.

·
Registered
630 Posts
AFcharger said:
So that means my car will not go into production until August??? Or what?
That would be my guess (and only a guess).

I orderd on 06/14. I am still in BG. If the information is correct about the build allocation for July. Then I can only assume that my order will get allocated sometime in August. If you were in the factories schedule for July you would most likely already have a VIN # and it might then be build in the final two weeks when they return from vacation.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being that half of July is a break up there I don't feel so bad. I posted on the Brampton site and was asking the same thing. The admin there (who works at the plant) seemed to indicate 4-5 weeks... ie my car was available to be picked for the next months build. As for what month (july/august) he didn't say.

Co-Charger... hopefully you are in the same boat as I am. It also would appear that the protection package is no longer on hold... that is if what Im reading is correct.

edward

·
Registered
630 Posts
AFcharger said:
Being that half of July is a break up there I don't feel so bad. I posted on the Brampton site and was asking the same thing. The admin there (who works at the plant) seemed to indicate 4-5 weeks... ie my car was available to be picked for the next months build. As for what month (july/august) he didn't say.

Co-Charger... hopefully you are in the same boat as I am. It also would appear that the protection package is no longer on hold... that is if what Im reading is correct.
I am also on the Brampton forum, and I saw his reply. My guess is that he was talking August.

There is no clear answer about the protection group option. I have heard the same rumors of the hold on it being released, but until it is confirmed its still only a rumor.

·
Registered
352 Posts
cars in bg or bx status dont have a vin number but they have a von number. all cars in d 0r d1 status have vin and von numbers. when your car gets to d 1 status then its being built in a normal time frame.when it gets to kz status its on a train on the way.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
bbjl said:
The best status is KZX (delivered to dealer) which my Daytona was today.
Congrats... take plenty of pics... and let us know what you think of it...

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter,

Can you comment on the Protection Group for the Charger? We've been getting nowhere other than rumors for several weeks now. The most recent rumor is that the Protection Group should have just been released but dealers (at least MY dealer) says his computer says it's still on hold.

I've been in BG status since placing my order 5/16/05, apparently due to just this one option.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I contacted the Daimler Chrysler Customer Assistance Center (1-800-992-1997) today to see if any holds were placed on Charger orders. The person I spoke with there said there were no restrictions on the Chargers, just holds being placed until July, as all of their build slots are full until that time. That’s all the information that I have on the production of the Dodge Chargers, I hope it helps. In addition, your local Dodge dealership may also have up to date ordering information. If anyone has any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to post.

Thanks,

John B.
Marketing Representative – Dodge Information Center
1-800-4-ADODGE / 1-800-423-6343
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So no hold on the Protection package?

edward

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
I contacted the Daimler Chrysler Customer Assistance Center (1-800-992-1997) today to see if any holds were placed on Charger orders. The person I spoke with there said there were no restrictions on the Chargers, just holds being placed until July, as all of their build slots are full until that time. That’s all the information that I have on the production of the Dodge Chargers, I hope it helps. In addition, your local Dodge dealership may also have up to date ordering information. If anyone has any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to post.

Thanks,

John B.
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

I contacted the customer service today, and was told that I would need to call the dealer to find out if the Protection group hold was lifted....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello AFcharger and Daytona R/T,

I have contacted and spoke with a representative at the Daimler Chrysler Assistance Center (1-800-992-1997) today and was informed that there is a delay on the Protection Group, but there’s also a delay on all Chargers. By the time the delay is lifted, concerns regarding the Protection group should be resolved. Hope this clears up any confusion! If anyone has any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to post.

Thanks,

John B.
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
Hello AFcharger and Daytona R/T,

I have contacted and spoke with a representative at the Daimler Chrysler Assistance Center (1-800-992-1997) today and was informed that there is a delay on the Protection Group, but there’s also a delay on all Chargers. By the time the delay is lifted, concerns regarding the Protection group should be resolved. Hope this clears up any confusion! If anyone has any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to post.

Thanks,

John B.
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

Thanks for the info....

I hope that I get my Charger before the end of August though... but I know that will not be likely... I am scheduled for a vehicle show in So-Cal come Sept. ... and was hoping to head out in my Daytona, rather then my Avalanche this year... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts