Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want a cover but they are so diverse. Wanted to hear who has them, do you use it and costs.

Thanks

Randy

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a Covercraft car cover. I got it about 5 months ago. Its made of "evolution" cloth, which is light, fast drying and protects against UV light. I use it frequently (whenever the car is relatively clean). It was made to fit snugly over the car, which is very nice. I think it cost about $189.00.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Your Charger deserves only to be wrapped in a pure MOPAR Car cover, w/a bright red "Charger" across the front!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
ok ill get in on this. i have a car cover and seat covers. both from the God known as Costco. the seat covers match almost perfectally, i have to take a pic and show you. as for car cover, i dont use it that much cause i drive the car daily. still, its grey, big, and well, cool. *winks* Thankyou Costco

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I got one for x-mas last year, but I have NO way to put it on the car once the car is in the garage. Its still in its box, unopened. I tried to return it so it wasn't just laying around, but they wouldn't take it back because it was bought with a credit card (Pep Boys, hate their policies...), even though I had the receipt. I don't remember what brand it is, but if anyone really wants to know what brand, I can dig it out and report back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Want a cover but they are so diverse. Wanted to hear who has them, do you use it and costs.
Randy,

As I see it, there are 3 main factors to consider:
1) Will it be parked outside?
2) How frequently will you be applying/removing the cover?
3) How much do you want to spend?

I baby my Buick GN... enough to fork out $300 on a California Car Cover. That car is garaged and covered all the time. Top quality but you pay for it.

I bought a 3 layer car cover for my winter car for $17. It's stored indoors for the summer and this cover was all I needed. If that's your budget, it's an option and good value. I wouldn't use this type on a car I really cared about, but many do.

For the Charger, I bought a 4 layer cover off eBay for about $100 once I paid the shipping. I tried it the other day and it is fine and won't scratch provided two people put it on very carefully. I'll put it on this Saturday and sadly won't take it off until April. It will do the trick. However, the outside layer is a bit rough and it is heavier than the Cal cover.

The bottomline is: if you plan to use the cover regularly, and your car is a show car, invest in a really good cover. You get what you pay for.

Fitzman

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
I got one for x-mas last year, but I have NO way to put it on the car once the car is in the garage. Its still in its box, unopened. I tried to return it so it wasn't just laying around, but they wouldn't take it back because it was bought with a credit card (Pep Boys, hate their policies...), even though I had the receipt. I don't remember what brand it is, but if anyone really wants to know what brand, I can dig it out and report back.
Are you selling it? And if so....details man! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts