Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a old car to use for daily driving. (Wanted something better on gas plus save the Charger from the wear and tear of my 45 round trip daily commute). Anyway I would like to get a car cover for my Charger since it won't be used as much. What kind do you guys suggest? I've read about California Covers, are those fit to your car?

Factors:

I have a Trufiber SRT hood
Will be stored outside (rain/snow/stupid birds etc.)
Probably driven 3-4 times a week

Ideas?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have one that I bought off of ebay, I went the cheap route $50. verses $250. that I paid for my Dakota cover. Its a semi universal cover that could have been a little larger. However it does the job, I had to sew some elastic straps to the front and rear to keep it from blowing off on windy days. I think it is deffinetly worth it as it keeps bird crap, most dirt, and all leaves from getting on the car. It also helps from sun bake. If you have a spoiler make sure the cover you get takes it into account. At the time I looked I couldn't find any except the high priced ones that mentioned the spoiler. Also breathable fabric is a must.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just depends on what type of protection u are looking for and what kind of price u are looking to spend. I got one of the mopar car covers. The best price I have seen on them are around 170.00 from mopar supercenter. They are the covercraft evolution material. It is like 4 layer material that protects from nearly everything and is breathable as well. They come in grey and have either the mopar logo or charger logo on them. I am happy with mine. If that is something like what u want check out mopar supercenter, otherwise ebay would be a good spot as well.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just depends on what type of protection u are looking for and what kind of price u are looking to spend. I got one of the mopar car covers. The best price I have seen on them are around 170.00 from mopar supercenter. They are the covercraft evolution material. It is like 4 layer material that protects from nearly everything and is breathable as well. They come in grey and have either the mopar logo or charger logo on them. I am happy with mine. If that is something like what u want check out mopar supercenter, otherwise ebay would be a good spot as well.
I have read about the mopar cover and would like that if it fits. It is for outside/all weather correct? Also will it fit a Charger with a hood scoop and spoiler?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts