Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its summer and I want to know how to keep my Charger from cooking in the sun while just parked out there. The Charger dont fit in the building like that Mazda 6 I used to drive did. I know better then to leave it parked under trees anymore. Is a car cover a good idea?

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
A car cover is a great idea if you buy a high quality fitted cover ($200-$300), only cover the car when it is perfectly clean, and you clean the cover periodically. If you want to just drive the car and throw a cover on it without cleaning the car first it will scratch the paint. So I say a cover is a good idea, but only if you are willing to do the extra work.

Also, don't forget to buy a lock for the cover.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow alot of good info. I had no idea they cost so much. A couple hundred more bones and I can just get one of those steel car port things.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I got one a few days ago... used it twice and I'm bringing it back... what a nightmare.. wasn't an expensive one though (on sale from 150)... so I had to pull it on over my car....yeah only took me twice to realize how much that wasn't going to keep happening.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I got one a few days ago... used it twice and I'm bringing it back... what a nightmare.. wasn't an expensive one though (on sale from 150)... so I had to pull it on over my car....yeah only took me twice to realize how much that wasn't going to keep happening.
Definitely takes some dedication. But it will keep your car looking better than everyone else's car if you do it right. Pretty much any high end show car will use a car cover of some sort.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Definitely takes some dedication. But it will keep your car looking better than everyone else's car if you do it right. Pretty much any high end show car will use a car cover of some sort.
I meant because of the way it scratches over the car to be put on.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I meant because of the way it scratches over the car to be put on.
It shouldn't scratch the car unless the car is dirty, the cover is dirty, or the cover is low quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts