Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all,

I really enjoy reading these forums and finally have some good news of my own .. just picked up a new Inferno Red Charger SXT last night and I couldn't be happier! This car drives and look amazing and anyone who is even thinking about getting one ... stop thinking and go buy one , you won't regret it. I only have a 20 minute commute to work each way and today was the first time I was wishing it was more like an hour. Guess I'll have to tell the wife I will take care of all the errands this weekend. :cool:

Everyone else out there that has theirs already ... Hope you are loving it is as much as I am. All you guys / gals that have yers on order .. Hang tight and best of luck that they come in 2 weeks sooner than the dealer says they will!

Scott

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
CONGRATS!!! :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
YankeeCharger,

Since picking up my "SE" model, on 7/29 - I can't stop driving it. I have found myself going "way" out of my way, in my normal travels. If I have to go to a friends house, or the store - I plan for an extra 30 minutes of driving just to get there.
- One of the great things is, that I am finding a lot of great "country" roads (no, not John Denver) in my area. I just get on an unfamiliar road and drive for miles - then make a turn here or there, then drive more miles, then I try to find my home, without a NAV system or map.

- The above is all true - no kidding.

- Since picking up the car, on 7/29, with 40 miles on it - I have added another 1,060 miles since 7/29. Last note would be that the V6 Gas mileage is great - I am getting about 23 mpg with stop and go driving.

Congratulations on your purchase,

Brian T.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Picked mine up last Saturday morning after the agonizing wait of ordering. Less than 10 miles on her when they rolled her off the truck. It was still dirty from the trip but everyone coming into the dealership skipped over the ones on the lot to come look at the one I ordered. It was the first R/T with the RT (or performance package) that they had seen at the dealership. Before we even started talking about my trade in I took two of the salesmen out for a joyride. Between showing it off to everyone who worked there and answering questions from people coming into the dealership, there wasn't any time to sign papers and get the heck out of there. I was there from 9am to 1pm, just to pick up my car. Needless to say, I was getting impatient by the end to get her out on the road. The car is a blast to drive and anyone who has ordered the the RT package with the racing seats will not be dissapointed. I went for the light silver and think it looks really mean with dark interior, just love it. As soon as I get a chance I will put up some pix.

·
Registered
608 Posts
ghengisdan said:
Picked mine up last Saturday morning after the agonizing wait of ordering. Less than 10 miles on her when they rolled her off the truck. It was still dirty from the trip but everyone coming into the dealership skipped over the ones on the lot to come look at the one I ordered. It was the first R/T with the RT (or performance package) that they had seen at the dealership. Before we even started talking about my trade in I took two of the salesmen out for a joyride. Between showing it off to everyone who worked there and answering questions from people coming into the dealership, there wasn't any time to sign papers and get the heck out of there. I was there from 9am to 1pm, just to pick up my car. Needless to say, I was getting impatient by the end to get her out on the road. The car is a blast to drive and anyone who has ordered the the RT package with the racing seats will not be dissapointed. I went for the light silver and think it looks really mean with dark interior, just love it. As soon as I get a chance I will put up some pix.
Hey g, keep us informed about your impresions, problems,etc, mine is due to be built 2nd week of sept, so I need to pick your brain, hehe :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
49 Posts
YankeeCharger said:
Heya all,

I really enjoy reading these forums and finally have some good news of my own .. just picked up a new Inferno Red Charger SXT last night and I couldn't be happier! This car drives and look amazing and anyone who is even thinking about getting one ... stop thinking and go buy one , you won't regret it. I only have a 20 minute commute to work each way and today was the first time I was wishing it was more like an hour. Guess I'll have to tell the wife I will take care of all the errands this weekend. :cool:

Everyone else out there that has theirs already ... Hope you are loving it is as much as I am. All you guys / gals that have yers on order .. Hang tight and best of luck that they come in 2 weeks sooner than the dealer says they will!

Scott

Something reminds me of the dork on the penis enlargement adds on TV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
camero said:
Hey g, keep us informed about your impresions, problems,etc, mine is due to be built 2nd week of sept, so I need to pick your brain, hehe :)
Only problem is keeping my foot off the accelerator! :rockon:

Some of the things I was curious about were:

Seats: Worried they wouldn't go with the interior as well as the lighter beige, but I’ll put some pics up this weekend or before and let you guys choose for yourselves. I could never find quite the pics I was looking for when I really wanted to get a good feel for the interior with the racing seats installed. I'll post what I wanted to see and hopefully it will help anyone trying to make a decision.

Ride: With the tighter suspension I was worried my wife would be pissed that our "touring" car was going to have an uncomfortable ride, but turns out she likes it more than the feel of the base R/T and was really happy with the change. I felt like I was riding on a cloud without the RT package, and I'm not putting that down at all, many might prefer that and would choose not to get the performance package so they can keep the gliding on air feel. I have been driving mine kind of hard and love to take sharp turns at high speeds, so I enjoy having some feedback from the road, but even with the package it is still 100% smoother than our old Sebring convertible where the potholes made it feel like you were riding on the rims. So for me, the Charger R/T RT is just right. I feel the road when I want and can forget about it when I want.

Exhaust: I definitely notice a difference with the package over the base R/T, but only when I rolled down the windows to hear it. Like others have said, the cabin is very well insulated. If you want something really loud it's going to have to be after-market, but what is on there I find pretty respectable for a daily driver and every time I put the windows down and open it up on the highway everyone in the car is smiling...

Sound: The Boston Acoustics sound system... better than I could have imagined. For a stock system... all I can say is wow, but lets face it, in this car you won't need your stereo turned up to turn heads. :headbang:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just took my first drive in to ATL in my new charger (b silver) heads were turning and did it every feel great on I-75.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've put over 8,000 miles on my bright silver metallic SXT since May 28 and you still can't wipe that silly-ass grin off my face! 24.5 to 26 MPG with 80% highway driving (and I can't keep my foot of the accelerator either :rockon: ) I'm glad I ordered the car with the upgraded sound system to get the 6 CD changer with MP3 so I can burn my own discs and the system rocks! I turn heads every day and get stopped in gas stations and parking lots all the time. I just received (for the first time in my life) a J.D. Powers survey to complete and will sing DCX praises on high :angel:

·
Registered
35 Posts
DoctorNo said:
I turn heads every day and get stopped in gas stations and parking lots all the time. I just received (for the first time in my life) a J.D. Powers survey to complete and will sing DCX praises on high :angel:
My wife and I have been making it a point to park in remote areas of parking lots to avoid dings and such from people opening their doors carelessly or runing their shopping carts into our car. No matter how far we park away we always return and find two or three cars parked around our car on the far side of the parking lot. Sometimes we even catch folks looking in the windows and walking in circles around it. We've never had a car that drew that much intrest before. :happy:

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
ghengisdan said:
My wife and I have been making it a point to park in remote areas of parking lots to avoid dings and such from people opening their doors carelessly or runing their shopping carts into our car. No matter how far we park away we always return and find two or three cars parked around our car on the far side of the parking lot. Sometimes we even catch folks looking in the windows and walking in circles around it. We've never had a car that drew that much intrest before. :happy:
I've always parked my cars and trucks out in the middle of BFE so there were no other cars around. It never fails, some one ALWAYS parks next to me, just to be a prick. I have actually gotten more door dings and scratches trying to park in the middle of nowhere than closer to the building.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
I've always parked my cars and trucks out in the middle of BFE so there were no other cars around. It never fails, some one ALWAYS parks next to me, just to be a prick. I have actually gotten more door dings and scratches trying to park in the middle of nowhere than closer to the building.....
People are amazing ... I do the exact same thing and have the exact same results as you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jester said:
People are amazing ... I do the exact same thing and have the exact same results as you.

I like those guys who park all by themselves. Perfect targets for shopping cart bowling. I have gotten a few very good strikes with them. The best are the ones who park crossways across two spots. For them I like to go for both doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oldschool said:
I like those guys who park all by themselves. Perfect targets for shopping cart bowling. I have gotten a vey good strikes with them. The best are the ones who park crossways across two spots. For them I like to go for both doors.
Gee, it must suck to have a small wang and no friends.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
ATLien said:
Gee, it must suck to have a small wang and no friends.
Hey ATLien,
Most everybody has oldschool on their ignore list. Not worth the time.

Maybe you want to do the same. :happy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts