Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help i just ordered my charger rt with the rt performance package and i cant decide on whether or not to go with the 22's or the 24's any suggestions or comments would be great

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
This topic always brings up a good argument! 22s and 24s are basically the overall same diameter. It depends on where you drive your vehicle, and how. If your looking to build your charger for performance like a modern day muscle car most would say 22s for hard cornering, smoking the hell out of the tires over and over, torque, etc. If your looking for looks and dont care if you loose half a second off a quater mile time, etc, 24s TO ME look great, you just gotta watch how you drive more then on a 265/35/22 tire. I have plenty of friends with 24s on magnums, chargers, and 300s, none of them have any problems but we all live in FL where most the roads are decently paved. Alot of people I know are upgrading to 26s with the 25 series low pro tire

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've had my 24" for over 34,000 miles on them with no problems at all. I drive hard, do donuts, take corners, etc..

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Oh my gosh!! rims bigger than stock? That's ghetto you think you're ghetto thats trashy blah blah blah

oh sorry I chargerforum'd.

Honestly, I have 22's and I like them, they dont bow out as much as 24's. 24's look good though too. 24 inch davin SS1s would run me about 8500. My 22s cost me 6200 but I got a direct discount from 7400. I dont make the cash to ever purchase ANY davins again. I had them before the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my only other question which might have been asked already and i havent searched the forums yet is will the 24's fit or will i have to do sum modding?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
They fit perfect, with a little trimming of the nut.

I run mine at 50psi as Israel suggested in another thread, and at full lock while backing up or going up hill I get a very small rub on the nut. At that point youre going slow and wont tear the tire up. I looked at them the other day, and I dont see anythign out of place.

The best tire to use is the 275/25/24.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I went with a 3 piece 22 because they only weight 1lb more than the stock 20s and I feel the 24s look to big on a car. Thats just me I like everything to have to be proportional. 22s seem just right IMO.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
No talking you into 20's? :whistle:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Bigger isnt better!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, so how about 20's???????????????????????????????

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i already have the 20's it comes with... thats old new to me i want to go bigger :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Bigger isnt better!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, so how about 20's???????????????????????????????
its all in hoow its used oh sorry i love my 22,s but really wish i would have gone with the 24's :cry:

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Chargers on 24s and rides like a dream...but its also on air. I have 3 friends that have 300s that have had 22s before they got 24s and all 3 say it rides better on the 24s. Now...I cant make any LOGICAL sense of that...but...thats what they all say. Its all really just a matter of personal preference of what you want. Both fit...both ride good. My vote?.......24s. :rockon:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Chargers on 24s and rides like a dream...but its also on air. I have 3 friends that have 300s that have had 22s before they got 24s and all 3 say it rides better on the 24s. Now...I cant make any LOGICAL sense of that...but...thats what they all say. Its all really just a matter of personal preference of what you want. Both fit...both ride good. My vote?.......24s. :rockon:
i know you have yours on bags and ive seen them on trucks before but what about air shocks if there even is such a thing i think i remember hearing about them but not to familiar are u?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts