Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who has a problem telling a difference between R/Ts and SXTs? Aside from having only 1 exhaust pipe and having different rims, is there any exterior difference between an R/T and a SXT?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Am I the only one who has a problem telling a difference between R/Ts and SXTs? Aside from having only 1 exhaust pipe and having different rims, is there any exterior difference between an R/T and a SXT?
unless you have the wheels theres one difference

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I can tell the difference when the light turns green. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
R/T's have standard side mirrors that match the paint on car. SXT & SE have standard black side mirrors.

...and of course the badges are different

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The standout difference for me is the wheels. For my wife, it's the side mirrors (painted vs black).

·
Registered
507 Posts
The R/T is the one passing the the SXT on the freeway. But for the most part I look for the tail pipe and then the R/T badge on the trunk.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hemi badge on the quarter panel

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I look for exhaust pipes, fog lights, side mirrors rear emblem, interior (leather or not) and hemi badge on the side.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
you can hear a difference

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i can usually tell by eye balling it based on the cars stance.

its like mustangs. i can spot a gt vs a v6 just buy their stance on the street. the more powerful the engine the lower they sit usually cuz they got tighter springs for better handling

·
Registered
260 Posts
R/T's come with black mirrors as well, mine was.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Badges, exhaust and mirrors as far as I can tell. I have an SXT so my wallet can feel the difference (it's a little fatter). The insurance company has never seen it but they know the difference.

·
Registered
831 Posts
i can tell pretty easily but i see a few that did mods to look like a r/t but is really a sxt/se. the only thing that gives mine away are my mirrors since i debadged and have dual pipes.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I can usually tell by looking at the driver .........Kidding!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts