Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you can set a governor speed on a Daytona R/T? If so how? Predator?

Also, if you cant is there anything you can do to set a certain speed limit (like a governor) to it?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
a governor is a old device that was used back in the day to limit speed in the transmission. The "governor" hasnt been used in decades. Our cars our limited by the pcm and yes a predator will allow you to set it at 190 , however your stock tires are junk around 130 anyways so without proper tires for it (z rated or above) its dangerous and stupid

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a governor is a old device that was used back in the day to limit speed in the transmission. The "governor" hasnt been used in decades. Our cars our limited by the pcm and yes a predator will allow you to set it at 190 , however your stock tires are junk around 130 anyways so without proper tires for it (z rated or above) its dangerous and stupid
Well i was actually wondering if i would be able to lower the speed instead of raising it.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
o.e. is 145 on r/t's and i do believe it lets you go lower but i cant remember. i think it goes from like 120-190. You could also adjust your redline down to limit you being able to go that fast in 4th gear

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o.e. is 145 on r/t's and i do believe it lets you go lower but i cant remember. i think it goes from like 120-190. You could also adjust your redline down to limit you being able to go that fast in 4th gear
Hmmm well is there anything I can do to set a top speed limit to a Daytona to say 80-90mph give or take?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I got an idea...change the MPH numbers on your gauge.
0-20-40-60-80-100-120-140-160
TO
0-10-20-30-40-50-60-70-80

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Actually - the lowest you can set the pred on a 5.7 is 100mph. the 08 daytona stock is 145mph and can be set to 199 with the pred (doubtful and stupid if you could go that fast). i was just screwing with mine yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I got an idea...change the MPH numbers on your gauge.
0-20-40-60-80-100-120-140-160
TO
0-10-20-30-40-50-60-70-80
dude - thate makes no sense. unless i am reading it wrong, with this change you think your going 80 but actually 160? :confused: i think you need to reverse it.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
dude - thate makes no sense. unless i am reading it wrong, with this change you think your going 80 but actually 160? :confused: i think you need to reverse it.
Thats the point it does make no sense, it might help convince his parents though. Maybe this was a real bad idea to give to a 16yr old LOL

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
^^^ ahh haa - now i get it, i think this is the second time i have misinterpreted what you were trying to say - my bad!

and to the OP - WTF, if you want 80-90 why the F do you have a hemi? trade that in and get a yaris. seriously, i am not trying to be an @ss but this is the silliest thing i have ever heard.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
^^^ ahh haa - now i get it, i think this is the second time i have misinterpreted what you were trying to say - my bad!

and to the OP - WTF, if you want 80-90 why the F do you have a hemi? trade that in and get a yaris. seriously, i am not trying to be an @ss but this is the silliest thing i have ever heard.
itll be just for the first month or two to actually show them i can handle the car without having to speed down roads going 100 just to show off because i have a v8 hemi

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
itll be just for the first moonth or two to actually show them i can handle the car without having to speed down roads going 100 just to show off because i have a v8 hemi
Dude - that still makes no sense, if you are responsible then you shouldnt have to depend on a computer to keep you inline. if your parents dont trust you with the power then heed their advise, they have been there and done that. they acutually probably know your tendancies better then you. yea i know - it doesnt sound possible but it is most likely true. get a cheaper car for a couple years and prove to them that you can be responsible then get a fricken kick @ss srt!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Your parents can install a device that monitors your driving habits from anywhere in the united states and I belive they can do it in real time. There are several different devices now a days...just google search monitor my teen's driving. I thought that I saw they could actually shut down the car once in a sfae condition such as stopping for more beer. :smile:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
X2^^^^ they did it on a camaro on the show street customs

·
Registered
177 Posts
Your parents can install a device that monitors your driving habits from anywhere in the united states and I belive they can do it in real time. There are several different devices now a days...just google search monitor my teen's driving. I thought that I saw they could actually shut down the car once in a sfae condition such as stopping for more beer. :smile:
X3^^^

Our cars also work with driving habit monitoring that are coming in to use with some insurance companies. When I bought Charger, for example, I was told that if I installed this device to monitor my driving habits, the premiums for my insurance could change: Up to a 25% cost reduction for good driving or as much as a 10% surcharge for driving hazardously.

Sign up for something like that, and your parents will know more about how you drive than they do about your childhood.

Just, you know, don't screw it up and lose your ride. :driving::locked:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
JUST DON"T GET CAUGHT!!! haha I drift my ride, i race it, i run it at 100, but never been pulled over, no tickets, nothing :) thats how i keep mine at 17 haha

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL they can see my beer runs??...maybe this isnt the best option..:biggrinjester:

Thanks for all the input, i think im going to look into this a little more...but then again i really dont want them to be able to see EVERYWHERE i go...espically when i say im going to be sleeping out...but stay up till 4 partying lol.

BTW I will not drive drunk...if i drive to a party i will not drink and just hang out with friends and such...maybe poke a little smot. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is in my daughter's Charger:

http://www.liveviewgps.com/live+gps+vehicle+tracking+rtv5.html

It sends me a text message when /if she exceeds a preset speed. It will notify if she enters/exits certain areas preset by me (IE: lets me know when she leaves town or cruises through the hood looking for crack). It does have the ability to disable the ignition remotely if you buy and install the relay.

All that said, it doesn't stop a slow speed crash like the one she had Friday:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is in my daughter's Charger:

http://www.liveviewgps.com/live+gps+vehicle+tracking+rtv5.html

It sends me a text message when /if she exceeds a preset speed. It will notify if she enters/exits certain areas preset by me (IE: lets me know when she leaves town or cruises through the hood looking for crack). It does have the ability to disable the ignition remotely if you buy and install the relay.

All that said, it doesn't stop a slow speed crash like the one she had Friday:

Damn sorry to hear about the crash man...

That looks really cool but then again...it does invade privacy a little to much.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A 16 year old living in my house driving a car I pay for using gas I buy has no expectation of privacy.

I did give her choice though. She could have walked.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts