Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They sound pretty badass, and I am looking into them for my next car, here is a blanket of questions that I (and i am sure others have) about them....

Which manafactures are the "best"?
Whats it gonna cost me?
Exactly how do they work?
Any Dyno proven results?

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
They sound pretty badass, and I am looking into them for my next car, here is a blanket of questions that I (and i am sure others have) about them....

Which manafactures are the "best"?
Whats it gonna cost me?
Exactly how do they work?
Any Dyno proven results?
DMH has a great rep.
380 for a set on their site, 150-225 for install
They open up a Y-pipe that allows the exhaust to bypass your exaust system, just like running an engine with straight pipe off the exhaust manifold/headers
Havent seen any yet

·
Registered
60 Posts
All I wanna say because it's late...IS..I WANN'EM!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Can't really have them pre cat....1): theres really ZERO room for em' & 2): the biggest reason is that the 02 sensor has to be in line so if you do set em up pre cat you'll cause all kinds of trouble w/HAL

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Can't really have them pre cat....1): theres really ZERO room for em' & 2): the biggest reason is that the 02 sensor has to be in line so if you do set em up pre cat you'll cause all kinds of trouble w/HAL
Yeah what he said

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I've been kinda wonder how cutouts effect performance. I met an srt owner who had cutouts with stock exhaust, and he said he got better performance when they were closed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been kinda wonder how cutouts effect performance. I met an srt owner who had cutouts with stock exhaust, and he said he got better performance when they were closed.
I have to say that with the cutouts closed, the car does seem to perform slightly better. I usually, however, leave them open for the pure sound :) They make the car sound like it should in my opinion....big and bad a$$ :)

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
With cutouts closed, the exhaust is going the exact same place it always was..... through your exhause system. There should be absolutely no difference in the car between stock, and cutouts closed. The air is going the same route, the same way.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
With cutouts closed, the exhaust is going the exact same place it always was..... through your exhause system. There should be absolutely no difference in the car between stock, and cutouts closed. The air is going the same route, the same way.
i think they mean they lose performance with the cutouts open. and feel like it performs better with the cutouts closed.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have to say that with the cutouts closed, the car does seem to perform slightly better. I usually, however, leave them open for the pure sound :) They make the car sound like it should in my opinion....big and bad a$$ :)

Try running up to 100 ++++ (say 120 ish) with thm closed and then open em up and hammer it.......tell me what you think???:wink: :wink:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Try running up to 100 ++++ (say 120 ish) with thm closed and then open em up and hammer it.......tell me what you think???:wink: :wink:
I could here the explosion now. Don't do it!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I could here the explosion now. Don't do it!

:rockon: :twisted: :rockon: :twisted: :rockon: :twisted: :rockon: :twisted: :rockon: :twisted: :rockon: :twisted: :rockon: :twisted: :rockon: :twisted:

"I got somethin' to say,.....it's better to Burn out, than fade awayyyyy..."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts