Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know stock R/t will prob dyno about 275-280 at the wheels. If you were to build up from that could you get to around 350 at the wheels with out voiding warranty??

If so post your ideas as to how

Reason I ask- I have an 8 year 80k mile warranty but I want to unleash enought power to really REALLY enjoy the car......

Thanks!!

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
In theory (the letter of the law), if your mods don't directly lead to any problem that requires warranty service then you should be OK. In practice, I've found that dealers will often use any hint of modification (unless performed by them) to void your warranty even if the mods and whatever failed are completely unrelated. So it's one of those "if you've got a good relationship with your dealer, you can get away with it" things.

Best,

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
A little to pricy for me :grin: but yes i did see a post from one of our supporting vendors about their new kit, about 7300 including install, adding and additional 100 + ponies.....

If someone did wouldnt it void warranty?
Generally speaking, if you can drop 7-10k on go fast goodies for your car, dealing with out of warranty repairs probably isn't going to be an issue. :D

Best,

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Generally speaking, if you can drop 7-10k on go fast goodies for your car, dealing with out of warranty repairs probably isn't going to be an issue. :D

Best,
I agree, spending 5-7k or more is not really an option for me, the car istelf was costly enough!
I was think more along the lines of 2500-3500.......

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I cant see you getting those numbers your asking about without diving into the engine with cam and head work or a supercharger.
Either would void your warrenty.
All the bolt ons arent gonna get ya to 350 at the wheels.
I have full exhaust(headers, cats, catback), intake and superchips and I'm at like 310 at the wheels.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cant see you getting those numbers your asking about without diving into the engine with cam and head work or a supercharger.
Either would void your warrenty.
All the bolt ons arent gonna get ya to 350 at the wheels.
I have full exhaust(headers, cats, catback), intake and superchips and I'm at like 310 at the wheels.
Hey whats up slacker!! Where ya been man?

Ya thats what I was thinking but wanted to see if anyone had ideas.....

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This guy did it with only one warranty voiding mod

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55162

355 rwhp actually.
I was just looking at his new dyno sheet after Diablo did a custome tune for him......
06 Charger R/T Mods: FRI Sidewinder Cam | Diablo Predator | SLP LM1 | SLP LT headers | SLP High Flow Cats | AFE Stage II CAI | 170 degree Tstat | 25 cent fan mod | NOESP |

So it looks like you can get there with HF cats, cam,headers, exhaust, and a CAI...
Still, anything goes wrong with the engine you know they will blame the Cam...........

But it's nice to see!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I was just looking at his new dyno sheet after Diablo did a custome tune for him......
06 Charger R/T Mods: FRI Sidewinder Cam | Diablo Predator | SLP LM1 | SLP LT headers | SLP High Flow Cats | AFE Stage II CAI | 170 degree Tstat | 25 cent fan mod | NOESP |

So it looks like you can get there with HF cats, cam,headers, exhaust, and a CAI...
Still, anything goes wrong with the engine you know they will blame the Cam...........

But it's nice to see!!!!!!

Yeah but if you leave the rest and take the cam out of the equation you may be able to be around 330-345. Which is close and non warranty voiding. Well anything before the cats can be used against you but, they'd still have to prove it.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hey whats up slacker!! Where ya been man?

Ya thats what I was thinking but wanted to see if anyone had ideas.....
Been busy workin...been a crazy week. We had a fatality with a longshorman at the Port of Oakland, made the tug business a mess.

Also, celebrating happy harvest time :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya, I would think the cam gives 20-25HP.......

Course I wonder if they would even know the cam was replaced when it came down to an issue.....Also I though I saw somewhere you should change to the 6.1 stuff when you change the cam (I think springs or lifters or valves, something)........

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been busy workin...been a crazy week. We had a fatality with a longshorman at the Port of Oakland, made the tug business a mess.

Also, celebrating happy harvest time :)
Nice!! See October (or close to it)!!

Sorry about the fatality........

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Ya, I would think the cam gives 20-25HP.......

Course I wonder if they would even know the cam was replaced when it came down to an issue.....Also I though I saw somewhere you should change to the 6.1 stuff when you change the cam (I think springs or lifters or valves, something)........
The 6.1 pushrods for the Sidewinder. The one I'm friggin dying to get.
With exhaust tuner and that cam, you should be right around 350

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw the post from the guy that did his own cam swap and he said he didnt change his headers... You think you can get away with the Cam, full exhaust, CAI and tuner to get around 350??

How much is that cam anyway??

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yeah but if you leave the rest and take the cam out of the equation you may be able to be around 330-345. Which is close and non warranty voiding. Well anything before the cats can be used against you but, they'd still have to prove it.
No friggin way dude. The cam is good for at least 35 rwhp. If you take that out of Metgo's setup you'll find yourself in the 310-315 rwhp range.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No friggin way dude. The cam is good for at least 35 rwhp. If you take that out of Metgo's setup you'll find yourself in the 310-315 rwhp range.
So it sounds like the max an R/T can get without getting into the engine is about 315HP to the wheels....

Question- headers are just what attaches to the exhaust correct? So replaceing the head or having it bored will open up HP correct or no?
If it does is swapping the cam better or boring the heads??

I may be a little confused, at some point everything I have read seemed to blend together....GO FIGURE!:grin:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Ok well at 35hp you'd still be in the 320 range rwhp range

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.