Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R/T Charger does not have the UConnect day/night auto review mirror, and although an option when you order the car, can it be installed by the dealer? Usually, the left mirror also dims, but that does not really matter to me. I have the Nav and the vid system so the connection should be no problem. Goofy not getting it I know when it's only $295 Can dollars when ordered with a package, but it was on the lot and I got a screaming deal on it! :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was hoping that one could add the factory review mirror u connect system which would include the diming review mirror as well, and it not have to be a seperate kit or a different kit from the factory.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ChargerDriver said:
Thanks! I was hoping that one could add the factory review mirror u connect system which would include the diming review mirror as well, and it not have to be a seperate kit or a different kit from the factory.
Trust me when I tell you, I have the mopar dealer installed version (same as what you will see on leeparts.com) and it works awesome. If you really need the dimmed rearview mirror then it isnt for you. But I highly recommend it, had it for over a month and worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
If you are going to Tint your windows you do not need a dimming mirror. I have the auto dimming mirror and at night it is way dark. It is hard to see the lights behind me. I have heard from people like cbenn that the dealer installed version works just as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the replies! I'm going to tint the windows, so I appreciate your input. I called Chrysler and they stated that they have to replace the wiring harness etc and it can range in the upwards of $1200 plus the parts and labour! Nuts for a $295 factory order option! I'll look into that UConnect unit for my phone though! Thanks!

·
Registered
743 Posts
ChargerDriver said:
Thanks again for the replies! I'm going to tint the windows, so I appreciate your input. I called Chrysler and they stated that they have to replace the wiring harness etc and it can range in the upwards of $1200 plus the parts and labour! Nuts for a $295 factory order option! I'll look into that UConnect unit for my phone though! Thanks!
Did you call a dealer or the car company!?

I will have to look for the wiring harness connectors because there are only TWO connectors involved with the factory u-connect. One behind the glovebox and one at the base of the Driver A pillar.

·
Registered
743 Posts
My charger has all the Electronic Conv. Group pieces except u-connect, sirius and the DVD/NAV.

I just took off my A-pillar and the C205 connector (allowing the mirror/rainsensor harness to connect) is there and open.
I haven't checked behind the glovebox yet, but I bet the u-connect module connector is there as well.
While there might be a different dash harness in cars w/o the elec. Conv.Group packages, I doubt DCX is going to have too many different harnesses for this car.

soo. my notes so far are...

The "Telematics" module part number is: 5064-013AH
Uconnect module, behind(and right of) Glovebox

the Mirror part number is: 04806228AB
Uconnect and autodim? Charger part #?

the harness part number is:05089051AB
Has C1,C2 connectors for Mirror and Rain Sensor connector.
It goes over the DRIVER's head, just under the front edge of the headliner and down the driver A Pillar.
It connects to the mirror and to the C205 harness just inside the dash where it meets the A Pillar.

This may require dropping (some of) the headliner in addition to removing the A pilar covering to properly route/fasten the harness.

uconnect pics

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RadarmagneT, I'd love to know if you have found anything out regarding the UConnect connector behind the glove box! Please let us know your findings. I do have the Nav system along with the Elec Conv Group so I don't see why it would'nt be available to add. There is also the hole or opening in the headliner to accomodate the wire, and I don't know if it's factory standard or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered the uconnect part from the dealer where I bought my charger, it will be in Monday, and total cost is $350 installed. Thought it was worth it, we'll see. I plan to tint the windows, so no upgrade on the rear view mirror.
cool
g

·
Registered
743 Posts
Greedo said:
I ordered the uconnect part from the dealer where I bought my charger, it will be in Monday, and total cost is $350 installed. Thought it was worth it, we'll see. I plan to tint the windows, so no upgrade on the rear view mirror.
The mirror has the mic and u-connect buttons in it. the factory kit probably needs this.
Are you getting the "accessory" u-connect from mopar?... it's not what we are discussing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The dealer service manager indicated it would be fully operational and I would not notice any differences from a charger that had one on the lot. So if I get something that works with the rear view mirror so be it. I am cool with that. Or I have seen a mod next to the headlight switch, that would work for me too. All I really care about is not paying $1200 like that other guy.
$350 is reasonable to me, as long as it works as advertised.
greedo

·
Registered
743 Posts
Greedo said:
All I really care about is not paying $1200 like that other guy.
$350 is reasonable to me, as long as it works as advertised.
That's fine. It's the accessory kit... Mic, Speaker, mutes the radio and has a keypad to connect with (not the mirror)
Please let us know if this kit uses the EVIC display on the dash.

The 3 factory u-connect parts for this are $504 at dodgeparts.com so while the mopar accessory is $300.

I would actually like it if I could get the accessory keypad instead of having to reach for the mirror... but I do want the EVIC and stereo integration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2010 Charger R/T with the Hemi and AWD, back in March. It does not have the UConnect. When I called to activate the Sirrus radio I was told the radio belong to a Chrysler Aspen. The radio has the DVD/CD combo. What UConnect parts do I need? Is it specific to the car model or the radio model? My first MOPAR

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I bought a 2010 Charger R/T with the Hemi and AWD, back in March. It does not have the UConnect. When I called to activate the Sirrus radio I was told the radio belong to a Chrysler Aspen. The radio has the DVD/CD combo. What UConnect parts do I need? Is it specific to the car model or the radio model? My first MOPAR
DING DING DING,

I think you won the prize for the oldest dead thread award :)

Check out my how to links in my sig. Can it be done, yes... however parts are no longer available from Chrysler.

Sirius doesn't care what the car the radio belongs to, they only want the radio serial number.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts