Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know with the wife's Camry there is a way to disable the "safety feature" that disables address entry while moving. Granted you have to re-do this every time the car is turned off but it's possible.

Is there something similar we Charger owner's can do?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I know with the wife's Camry there is a way to disable the "safety feature" that disables address entry while moving. Granted you have to re-do this every time the car is turned off but it's possible.

Is there something similar we Charger owner's can do?
You need to load a hacked version of the Navigation software. The hack disables the part of the navigation that checks your speed to lockout menus. It's a semi permanent fix. It'll stay permanent until you upgrade to a newer Navigation DVD

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'll trade my PC knowledge for electrical wiring knowledge!

·
Registered
230 Posts
want to install sound-activated interior blue cold cathodes. I've seen a small how-to post on here, but am a little hesitant on ripping into the wiring, taking out the glove box and center display/nav, etc.

Burning a dvd is fairly straightforward, but I don't want to screw up the electrical system in my new SRT8!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Well, Im not much help on the cathodes. And Im sure theres a million how to's on taking the car apart.

Sorry I cant be much of help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check out lxforums someone posted a how-to on this. I want to try it but they say if you screw up your navi is toast. good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is the Nav system I have.... And it has no disc... It uses a CF (compact flash) card instead of a disc.... Can it be 'hacked'? Does anyone know?

THANKS!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Man, I just checked out carhack.org...... those guys know their stuff! Lots of computer-talk I dont follow too well, but I mean if they spent soooo much time hacking this and went through all this trial and error BS, they should just copy the modified program CDs and sell them to earn a little back for themselves. Still leave the manual directions up there for those that wanna try it themselves, but as for me (and im sure many others), id rather just pay a few bucks for an already-hacked CD that wont destroy my NAV if i did something wrong manually!

-Pat

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Man, I just checked out carhack.org...... those guys know their stuff! Lots of computer-talk I dont follow too well, but I mean if they spent soooo much time hacking this and went through all this trial and error BS, they should just copy the modified program CDs and sell them to earn a little back for themselves. Still leave the manual directions up there for those that wanna try it themselves, but as for me (and im sure many others), id rather just pay a few bucks for an already-hacked CD that wont destroy my NAV if i did something wrong manually!

-Pat
That sir would be illegal and get them in trouble. According to current copyright laws it is fine to backup software you have purchased, but for them to send you the cd with the hack on it already is risky. There are some people who will do it, but usually only ask for enough money to cover the cost of the Dvd and shipping.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am a tech savvy person and can make the disk but need the torrent. If anyone has send me a PM, would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts