Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'd like to have those tires on my car but needed to make sure they would fit. If so, any accessories/mod is required or not ?

Front - 20x9.5 rims with 275/40/20 tires.
Rear - 20x10.5 rims with 305/35 20 tires.

What shall i check about the fittment of the rims when purchasing ?

Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I am doing Wisconsin Bob. I found a vid on youtube and the guy says it is no problem. But I'd rather be sure 100 percent before committing a purchase.

Here's the vid

www.youtu.be/lceOS68dZ0U

·
Super Moderator
11,524 Posts
What's off set ?
Offset of the wheel is the distance between the mounting surface and the center of the wheel. A big positive offset might have the wheel stick outside the body of the car and a negative offset the wheel might not fit due to brake calipers or suspension. So it's quite important, not just the width of the wheel.

Explained here:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see. But if i mention my car model and brand as well as year of built, cant a reseller find out if those wheels can fit or not ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
A person, I doubt it. A LOT of people have hack work done to cars. Do it right from the beginning, or you'll be trying to sell them again. The numbers are stamped (or should be), on the back of the wheel. Get those numbers, go to DT, and see if they match. VERY easy.

·
Super Moderator
11,524 Posts
I see. But if i mention my car model and brand as well as year of built, cant a reseller find out if those wheels can fit or not ?
Most generic wheel/tire places will only recommend stock sizes. If you go to a specialty performance place they should be able to help you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Offset of the wheel is the distance between the mounting surface and the center of the wheel. A big positive offset might have the wheel stick outside the body of the car and a negative offset the wheel might not fit due to brake calipers or suspension. So it's quite important, not just the width of the wheel.

Explained here:

Correct but flip-flopped. Positive offset brings the tire closer in to the car, negative sends it out.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A person, I doubt it. A LOT of people have hack work done to cars. Do it right from the beginning, or you'll be trying to sell them again. The numbers are stamped (or should be), on the back of the wheel. Get those numbers, go to DT, and see if they match. VERY easy.
What if i cant check those numbers ? Unless online reseller mention them. What is a DT ? Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I posted a link of a guy who did it. He responded to my comment saying it is no problem. What do you guys think ? He's not a reliable source ? I really like the look of his car and I'd love to do the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts