Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if i can install an 2008 Dodge Charger Ignition Key on a 2006... the key is just like my wife's mercedes... and it will be so cool to have it installed in my daytona... also... where the hell do i purchase ir?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
probably not. Our anti theft systems keep you enjoying the key dodge gave you with the car. :)

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Its coded to your car, thats why it cost 200.00 to replace, they have to recode a new oneto your car.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If the Skis system and the length of the metal key are the same, I don't see why we can't do it.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
If the Skis system and the length of the metal key are the same, I don't see why we can't do it.
Okay, try and report back. Maybe it'll work :silenced:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
u have to change the whole ignition because the new 08 keys use infrared or somesort of light to ignite

·
Registered
473 Posts
yeah. it can be done. I used a 2003 Chrysler Key on my 95 Neon. It'll cost you. But it can be done. Not really a hard mod...just expensive-ish. I only did it for shows and shock value. But it was my regular key. I wouldn't recommend it for just an average dd car. cost/value...ehhh...doesn't really add up.

·
Registered
631 Posts
No it can't

Yes it can

No it can't

Yes it can

My dad can beat up your dad

Tennis anyone

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any ballpark on how much this mod will cost... for those who say yes it can be done... it really is a sweet mod... im willing to pay about 3 or 400 Dlls for it...

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
call your dealership service guy....post this on LXForums or send a pm to Mr. Incredible....he'll know. Trust me, he'll know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts