Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, haven't been around for awhile....so I am sorry if this has been covered.

I am looking for info on what to expect for 2008 or 2009 Charger models. I heard some rumors that the '09 models will have a few changes....like a better MDS for fuel and more horse power on the 5.7.

I am considering in a year or two trading in my 5.7 and getting a 6.1. I heard that the 6.1's in '09 may have MDS and also a ton load more of Horse Power and other things.

Does anyone have an information? I am basically looking to find out what to expect in the coming years for the Charger and if I should hold off for the '09 models.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
well the 08's are already out and all they have are some minor int. and ext. changes. nothing new in the drive train. i havent heard anything about the 09's and i havent heard any of the changes that you mentioned. where did u hear all that? was the source reliable?

i wouldnt trade for an 08 because all the changes they made are TERRIBLE. except i think they made the normal rt seats better.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the 08's are already out and all they have are some minor int. and ext. changes. nothing new in the drive train. i havent heard anything about the 09's and i havent heard any of the changes that you mentioned. where did u hear all that? was the source reliable?

i wouldnt trade for an 08 because all the changes they made are TERRIBLE. except i think they made the normal rt seats better.
I read the info on some automotive blog. I'll try and search it out again and post the info here.

If anyone else has info....please share. Thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I got this info at http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html

I am not sure if it realtes to the Hemi's in our Chargers....but here is the blurb...

Chrysler announced on June 21, 2007: “For 2009, Chrysler Group [sic] will deliver a significantly upgraded version of its renowned 5.7-liter HEMI V-8, resulting in notable gains in fuel efficiency, refinement, power and torque.” They also announced that the Phoenix V6 would get MDS. The gains are expected to come via variable cam timing, according to always-accurate oh20.

Redriderbob had correctly predicted in May 2007: Chrysler will be debut a revamped Multi Displacement System (MDS) on most of its V6 and V8 lineup by the year 2010. They have been working on a new updated MDS system that will debut on the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 models. After its debut, it will be featured on the full V8 lineup (except SRT). Most of the V6 engines in Chrysler’s arsenal will also feature MDS.

oh20 also said we can expect three 5.7 Hemis in 2009; the variable-cam edition should be around 380 hp. At the same time, a 6.4 liter Hemi is expected to get nearly 500 hp (we have heard a range from 450-480 with the most recent estimate at 475, and better mileage). He also said that the 6.1 Hemi (SRT version) might get MDS in 2009 or 2010.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I would just offer you one word of caution, taken from my years of being a part of the automotive online industry since the late 90's- take website insider board information with a grain of salt. Things may or may not come to fruition.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am not sure that was a message board...but I understand what you are saying. Though, there seems to be enough info in the blurb I posted to do some online research and follow up. I am looking for the June 21st press release right now.

I think this is the original presser....

http://www.automotive.com/features/90/auto-news/29433/index.html

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
hmm thats interesting. i wonder why nobody has said anything about that on here yet.

i'm guessing they are upgrading the engines for the challenger.. but i would suspect that they'd give the 09 charger the same engine. you never know though... they might be happy having a 5.7l truck motor, 5.7l charger motor, and 5.7l challenger motor. lol it would be dumb though.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm thats interesting. i wonder why nobody has said anything about that on here yet.

i'm guessing they are upgrading the engines for the challenger.. but i would suspect that they'd give the 09 charger the same engine. you never know though... they might be happy having a 5.7l truck motor, 5.7l charger motor, and 5.7l challenger motor. lol it would be dumb though.
Well, I'd be interested in a 6.4 liter Charger with 500 Horses and torque to match. :grin:

·
Registered
928 Posts
500hp challenger mmmmmmmm

·
Registered
64 Posts
Or a Challenger with a Charger Rear End..lol:knockout:
That is a pretty old picture. From what most said at the time, they were just checking the challenger front end, without having to utilize the entire challenger.

As for the 2009 Charger, I think the 2008 magnum will provide the best indication toward new exterior styling, as the magnum precedes the charger by a year and got a facelift in 2008 (especially check out the 2008 Magnum SRT8 styling). Things are a little less rounded. The cross-hairs are also more consistent to the other dodge vehicles. I doubt many changes will occur on the 2009 Charger exterior. The engines though are getting revamped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts