Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, newbie question here, can some one explain the fan mod. Pros and Cons please.

thank you
Brian

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i dont know of any cons. ITs just a way to manipulate manually the fan on/off time and overiding the pcm. Just like old guys used to do with toggle switches and wiring to the battery we do with programmers. It should help engine temps stay around the 180-200 range.

·
Registered
928 Posts
yep our engine HATE heat, so if you can keep your engine cool while racing you will improve your times by a ton.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
is that the 25 cent fan mod everyone talks about? if so how is it done, what do we need to get?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
you have several option, the 25c one is one of them.

the 25 cent one is simply a wire with 2 spades on it. when you are at the track you pull a relay out, plug the wire in and the fans just run on high all the time. cooling your car down.

the other options are things like the noesp or gsm fan mod. these are more complicated than the 25c mod. they will put switches in your cabin so that you can control your fans. as well they usually come with mods to remove your ESP completely, the button from the factory only removes it to 60%. which is another thing that is good for improving track times.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
just save your money and get the diablo. it has the ability to run your fans for you without you adding anything.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
can you run the diablo while you are driving or do all settings have to be done while still?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
can you run the diablo while you are driving or do all settings have to be done while still?
the diablo programs your car a certain way when youre stopped. once you start driving, the programming takes over.

the way i have the car running right now, the fans are always running when the car gets above 180 or so (which is almost all the time).

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
just save your money and get the diablo. it has the ability to run your fans for you without you adding anything.
X3. The only reason anyone should get one of the fan mods now is if they want their fans manually controlled and/or running while the engine is off.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have got a Diablo. I guess I should have asked what people rccomend to set up the fans. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
lol, no prob dude. if you set the perf tune, it will automatically run the fans for you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
IDSmoker and I developed the $.25 fan mod. a couple years ago. We developed it primarily for track use, because it keeps the fan(s) running at all times, even with the key off. We used to run them continuously for about 3-4hours at the drags without ill effect. It would easily cool the engine temp. down 20-60 degrees between runs, depending on how long between runs. I don't believe any of the other fan mods. to this. For street use, as said above, get a Diablo Predator, and you can control them as you see fit.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that is cool. Thank you for the info. but I am more interested in how people wit the Diablo are setting up their fans.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone??? Ttt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts