Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered he Intune DCX for my 2013 Charger RT. Heard you can turn off the MDS. Does anyone know if you can and if so, how? Thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
Go to apply a tune, it is under the adjustable parameters. It will be a button labeled "MDS".

·
Registered
906 Posts
what is MDS and what is its purpose?

·
Registered
848 Posts
MDS: Multiple Displacement System.
In the 5.7's and 6.4's w/Automatic transmission, it is a system that disables 4 of the 8 cylinders when they are absolutely not needed. Turns them back on within a split second when they are needed such as slamming the gas pedal down. So when you are cruising on an interstate at 65 with or without cruise control on, you are actually running on 4 cylinders. Slam the gas pedal to pass a trucker going 55 or a granny, and within that split second or less, all 8 cylinders are kicking.
It's purpose to improve fuel economy. Which in my opinion it successfully does so and I leave it on. Dodge/Chrysler state that the system saved overall millions of gallons of gas.

·
Registered
906 Posts
thank you! i was sitting here wondering what people were talking about when they said MDS and couldnt understand before.

thank you for taking the time to help me and thank you for your service Hriv.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
thank you! i was sitting here wondering what people were talking about when they said MDS and couldnt understand before.

thank you for taking the time to help me and thank you for your service Hriv.
It's mostly a seamless system... until you install the diablo, then it gets aggravating and irritating. Plus, the early engines appear to have a problem with dropping valves that may be related to the uneven cylinder head cooling.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
It's also caused broken timing chains in the eagle engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts