Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to sync my iPod with my 06 Srt8? I'm still getting reacquainted with my baby. Or do I have to get aftermarket input for my stereo?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have an 06 SRT with the REC nav system. As far as I know, there is no way to actually sync an Ipod with it. I got an adapter that plugs in the wire harness between the car and the head unit that gives me the VES menu options(no factory VES), with VES1 and VES2. One is the Ipod 30 pin connection and charges the Ipod while being able to control it from the wheel controls or HU controls, but does not display the track info or the display on the Ipod; the other input is a pair of RCA jacks for an aux input.
Sound is very good, much better than an FM modulator setup.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Don't forget that the 2006 Charger REC system was built when the iPod was on version 5 and the iOS didn't even have a number yet.

Sync with the REC system wasn't even a concept then.

Reactions: lazer416

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it sounds like the from what your suggestion is that the easiest solution is to go with the rca input for an aux adapter?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have the Isimple ISCH73 installed on my 06 with the REC nav, it gives you full ipod charge and control plus a 3.5 mm AUX input as well

I just ran it into my glovebox and leave the Ipod in there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, you guys are great, I really appreciate all the input and advice. Which I'm definitely going to use! Still can't believe how great this forum is :rocker:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think i have the REC Nav. Is that the nav system with the 6 cd changer in the cabin? I never knew they had a changer in the trunk available.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I think i have the REC Nav. Is that the nav system with the 6 cd changer in the cabin? I never knew they had a changer in the trunk available.
The REC has the 6-disc changer in the dash. There were no factory trunk mounted CD systems available.

Reactions: lazer416

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Jeeze I totally forgot about those trunk cd changers. My friends dad had an aftermarket one in his old Fox body back in the mid 90's and it was the newest hottest most high tech thing in the neighborhood lol.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I honestly think I have the same 6 cd's in my REC that I put in there the week before I added the Ipod connector

Once I did that I completely forgot about the CD's altogether

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
What's this CD thingy you guys are talking about?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I was only kidding ;) and mostly referring to the CD, that is so last century!

I used to have one of those changers in my airplane. Used to drive my dad nuts, I'd be listening and talking to Air traffic Control, weather information, and have the CD playing. I developed an ability to isolate a specific source in my brain and tune the other sources out.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Haha, I figured you were. For some reason I couldn't find any pictures of the one I remember most. It had an exceptionally ghetto look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts