Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is just the first in what will be a continuing series of "Simple questions, simple answers"

I am NOT asking this question, I am presenting the answer. Now I know many folks prefer to use the dealer for many reasons. And that's fine. But my point here is to clear up one simple question.

Q: Do I have to have service/repair work done by my dealer to preserve my warranty?

A: NO, you do not. As long as you can prove the work was done with parts/materials that meet Dodges specifications, your warranty is safe.

That being said, Jiffylube is a crapshoot. Personally, if your not going to do it yourself, have the dealer do it. Your chances of being done right are much higher there.

And lastly, as always, an informed consumer is better armed to watch over his own interests. NOBODY cares about YOUR stuff like YOU DO!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I work about 55 to 60 hrs pr wk so oil changes are not one the priorty list of things to do on off time if you know what I mean....It is just easier to let dealer do it so all proof and paperwork is there for DCX for any warranty issues. I would rather spend off time enjoying that bad a$$ Charger. Dealer is reasonable on price 24.95. Besides Jiffy lube and the others like them may use wrong oil or whatever and just don't want to deal with that issue. The dealer just needs to do some quality checks before returning the car to the customer.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOn't get me wrong, GT, I was not slamming you or your choice in any way. You post just got me thinking. We'll have a lot of owners who this might very well be their first car, so a lot of things us older guys might take for granted, these folks might not know.

I still get 40-50 yo guys who mention that if they dont use the dealer, their warranty is shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts