Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the charger with the Nav and dvd system in the back but has anyone figured out a way to view the dvd in the front? Also is there a way to shut of the warning when you first turn on the navigation?

Love the car but those two things are upsetting me.
:happy:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
savage said:
I bought the charger with the Nav and dvd system in the back but has anyone figured out a way to view the dvd in the front? Also is there a way to shut of the warning when you first turn on the navigation?

Try this company...

www.nav-tv.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
There was a law at one time in most states that all dvd players up front were "supposed to" only show video when the parking brake was on. If you ask the installer after he/she installed your system most would unofficially tell you how to circumvent this. (was one cable that was responsible)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Once You Find A Company Please Let Us Know About Pricing... I Would Love To Have That Available On My Car... Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
savage said:

in florida if you get stopped by the police with a dvd on so that the driver can see it the fine starts at $114.50 plus points

·
Registered
384 Posts
janedoe said:
in florida if you get stopped by the police with a dvd on so that the driver can see it the fine starts at $114.50 plus points
thats when you switch it over to the radio :D

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If you ever have a problem with the nav system, altering the inside will void the warranty on that part... most "aftermarket" warranties are on their part only...so as always BUYER BEWARE!!!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
janedoe said:
Like the subsequent posted stated, "switch over to radio". How would they ever prove you were actually watching a DVD? By the time they get out of their car and up to your window, you'd have the 11 speaker, 375 watt KICKER stereo system up so loud you'd have to say "excuse me... could you repeat that.... I couldn't hear you." LOL!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spoke to a sales guy at NavTV and he mentioned that it would be $900 to modify the head unit to accept one video port, which you have to send to them. You will then have to purchase a seperate DVD video player becasue the existing player will only reconizes DVD ROM. NavTV also sells the DVD Video players for $200. They are willing to offer a discount for 3 or more forum members.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am not really sure about the Charger or any DC vehicle, but in my S 500 as all other cars the front DVD/TV will stop functioning once you are in drive and start rolling. With the s 500 you didnt need any parts like stated above therefore no internal tampering therefore no loss of warranty all it needed was for it to be reprogramed at the dealership and thats what my friend did to my car and it works ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts