Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to make a purchase some time soon on some viper wheels from factory reproduction. One person told me that the coating on the wheels are actually spray paint and not powder coated and it chips easily, also that the inside of the wheels don't come painted. I know there is many members running viper wheels or other models from factory reproductions. What's your input on this subject guys and how would you rate FR?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Whoever told you its spray paint....is....nevermind

54,000 on mine so far

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
their wheels are painted but not spray painted... I ordered a set of srt flat black replicas about 5 months ago and was not impressed by them "a lot of the edges had scrapes and the paint did not look like it would last down the road, so I sent them back... i'm also really picky though:slap:. also, it did take them a while to send me my refund back... paypal had to step in twice for me to get back my money

my experience has been different than mosts on this forum, a lot of members seem to be satisfied customers from what I've read

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
FinallyCharged has some nice 22 inch Vipers from them I am sure he will chime in.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I believe AreTee had a small problem with them too, but I will let him chime in.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
~45k miles on this set, only problem is we ordered the black vipers and they sent the gun metal gray but he just went with it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
No problems whatsoever. I have the glossy black and great job on the wheels

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Whoever told you its spray paint....is....nevermind

54,000 on mine so far
DAmmm Trev your car is sikkkk bro....:beerchug:

My buddy that I go to school with just ordered a set of 22's from them with nexen tires I think for $2,200 shipped, the finish on his are gloss black and they look amazing not cheap at all. I didn't notice the back of the rim though to see if they were fully painted.....

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
got mine a couple months ago and love them

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've got the 22" SRT reps from them and love them. Didn't have any problems at all with the company or the wheels/tires.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Mine have about 5000 miles on them. Gloss black. They are holding up well. There are some minor surface scratches no more then you would get on a gloss black body panel.

The inside of the rim is painted. But not the back of the spokes. It would seem that not much attention was given to the inside of the wheel. You cant see the unpainted area without removing them from the car, or crawiling up under there with a flashlight.

Some things to consider. I do not drive the car in the winter, I have never had the car on a dirt road.

If you plan on driving the car in the winter, or take the car on gravel roads, I would go with black chrome.

In the future when if they begin to chip or the surface scratches start to bother me, I will two tone PC'n em anyhow.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the gloss black 20's of the charger srt-8 replica's and have'nt had a problem with them(even though only had them a month).I have no problems with quality whatsoever and they look great imo.Don't think you can go wrong with FR for the price.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have about 5k on a set of 20" Super Bee replica, machined finish, black painted pockets-got them together with hankooks. No problems and they are great bunch of guys over there and also met the owner.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I ordered mine over the phone with a CC, and they were shipped that day. I've had no issues so far but honestly I haven't put many miles on them. Shipped they look great, and don't look cheap at all, only time will tell.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i love mine dude, and very nice dudes there too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have had the Factory Reproduction in 20' Viper for over a year. Other than the rock dings, the Viper wheels have held up well. They can be had for a good price and they will stand behind their products. :driving:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
that chit looks crazy dude!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts