Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see what the best ones to buy. Im looking at the Mopar Cams and possibly the Mopar Heads and Headers. Im not sure what cam is good to get and the same with the heads. If someone could let me know what one is good that would be good to know. Please give me some info on all of this. Thanks again

Jon

here is the website to look these up.

http://www.mopar.com/performance/speed/index.html

just click the catalog and look up the heads and cams.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I wish I could help you more on this, but I would advice you to check out KRCperformance.com if you havent already. To me it is one of the best dodge performance sites on the web. It is a lot about the dodge trucks but with the arrivals of the lx platform cars euipped with the hemis they really have some good parts and info for these cars, especially cams.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Also I have looked at mopar cam for these cars that is part of a stage 1 upgrade kit for the 5.7 hemis. I have not yet seen what kind of performance gains are expected but it includes a mopar cam, mopar cai, mopar long tubes, as well as an upgraded pcm and transmission control module that is designed to get the most out of the cams.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
im wit u hemi 06 i was looking for mopar heads and cam because if i do engine work it will void warranty if it is not mopar

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Here is a thread all about the Mopar Stage 1 Kit....

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=75618

I have been advised that it is listed as a 40hp upgrade at the wheels but is actually a bit more. Most folks have already done some of the kit already (LT's, CAI, catback) so not sure how the numbers will sway with parts other than Mopar.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just get your car FRIed :rockon:
It's the best way to go.

i know about warranty issues but I just couldn't wait I ordered the 5.7 cam a while ago, about 3 months, but every time I check or call em up they tell me that threes no information from the supplier or that its still on back order, so I just asked for a refund and got FRIed :rockon:

400RWHP yeah baby :D

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
it will void warranty if it is not mopar
Truthfully, for anybody that is thinking about doing engine performance upgrades, whether its Mopar or not there is no warranty. Dealerships may say they will honor your warranty depending on your relationship with the service department but unless you get it in writing there is no guarantee. (read the fine print at the bottom of the Mopar websites) They would be stupid to turn business down but DCX may step in and squash repairs on any performance parts that are not part of the warranty. Proceed with caution!!!

Coil Over Suspension Kit and Lowering Springs, LT Headers, Catback Exhaust System
This is quoted directly off of the Mopar Performance website:
"Mopar performance parts are sold as is, without any warranty whatsoever."

"Not legal for sale on pollution-controlled vehicles or vehicles registered for highway use."

Might as well get the best parts on the market and mod it up the right way. :yes:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Any one know where I could buy a mopar stage 1 cam?

Metgo, any Dodge dealership should be able to order it for you, but you can probably get a better price by going to Mopar Supercenter's website. They are a vendor here on the forum and great to do business with.

If you need somebody to install your cam once you get it, give me a shout. My buddy has a performance shop and could do it for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts