Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well spent my Saturday working on someone's Camry, I used Adam's products, Junkman's videos and my PC. I was really impressed with it, but in my opinion the car still needed more work. The hood took me 3 passes of (ssh,sh,pol).

Now this thing was filthy, it had hard water stains, swirls galore, even had over spray on the bottom of the doors from getting it undercoated. She said it was undercoated 2 years ago :( And had never been detailed:(

I managed to get most the swirls out after 3 passes. I wonder if I needed something a little more aggressive? The results were good, but is it possible in less passes with the pc7424? When do I know its time to bump it up a notch either by machine or polish?

What would be the next logical step? I have read Megs 205 is good for severe swirls, anyone?

She was ecstatic about the results but I wonder if I had tried something else if it might have been more proficient/ efficient.

Any recommendations or thoughts are welcome

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi all,

Well spent my Saturday working on someone's Camry, I used Adam's products, Junkman's videos and my PC. I was really impressed with it, but in my opinion the car still needed more work. The hood took me 3 passes of (ssh,sh,pol).

Now this thing was filthy, it had hard water stains, swirls galore, even had over spray on the bottom of the doors from getting it undercoated. She said it was undercoated 2 years ago :( And had never been detailed:(

I managed to get most the swirls out after 3 passes. I wonder if I needed something a little more aggressive? The results were good, but is it possible in less passes with the pc7424? When do I know its time to bump it up a notch either by machine or polish?

What would be the next logical step? I have read Megs 205 is good for severe swirls, anyone?

She was ecstatic about the results but I wonder if I had tried something else if it might have been more proficient/ efficient.

Any recommendations or thoughts are welcome

Thanks
Although the PCXP is the weakest of the DA units, it will still do great with the right pads and the right polish. Instead of Megs 205, I believe you are referring to Megs 105 Ultra Cut Compound if you are looking for more cut than SSR. With M105 and M205 you can accomplish a lot more correction versus the 3 step process you went with and in less time.

You can also step up to Microfiber pads, which are thinner, utilize less pressure, and cut better. They almost always need to followed up though, but M105 and 205 work well in that instance too.

I have been able to get 100% correction on a severely swirled and mildly scratched finish just a few passes with a Megs MF cutting pad with M105 or M101 [and D300 to reduce dust], and following up with M205. Some paint require an additional finishing polish, or just a less aggressive pad, but in many instances you can take out a nasty defects with just 2 steps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

Thanks Leadfoot, now I need to find a Meguiars dealer :)

Junkman, Awesome video, and Thanks :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts