Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've always thought my rear wheels looked angled in too much. So I did some measurements, and I have about 1.3 deg of negative camber on the right, and about 1.7 deg on the left. I was expecting a little less than this - like in the .75 to 1 deg range. I believe the max is supposed to be about 1.3 deg.

I've never adjusted this on these cars, and I don't see an eccentric adjuster or anything under there. Does anyone have experience with this? Or has anyone had a dealer adjust this? I would think having this much camber on the rear would cause uneven tire wear...

Thanks in advance...

Brian in Oregon
2014 R/T 100th Anniversary Edition

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Did you do a full 4 wheel alignment measurement on a computer alignment rack?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
in 2 different positions on my garage floor, I took measurements from top and bottom of wheel to a fixed vertical string, then did the trig calc for the degree measurement. I'm confident my numbers are right, and I think its out of spec. In only 4000 miles on the car, the tread depth on the inside of the tread is a little less than the outside. Argh!

SRT8U - I think you're dead on with those camber links. Those are cool. I think I'll have the dealer look at it for now, just to get it in spec. But I bet those would make it handle a lot better. A cheaper route (but not as easy to adjust) might be these... http://www.fasthemis.com/eibach-rea...0c-challenger-charger-magnum-2005---2015.aspx

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts