Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at the sidewinder(franks) and the comp cam xfi 268h-13 what are your thoughts. i have read up on the( fri) but the comp sounds good too. and were can i get the best price. every cam that has been advertised is still in the car. with people with big ideas. and i know the springs and push rods have to be changed,but how about he head bolts.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You will need to pull the heads to change the springs so you will need head gaskets and head bolts.Better get exhaust gaskets too.If you are running the stock heads go with the Sidewinder.The 268 will make more power in the long run but you really need ported heads,headers,torque converter,intake,high flow cats,and a boatload of tuning to get the most out of it.
The Sidewinder ,while benefitting by all that as well will make good power with minimal tuning and is very happy with the stock heads.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you from the charleston aera. and am i going to notice a difference. i keep think the next mod will lay me back in the seat. but no thrill yet . with the head upgrade,i plan on shorties and an underdrive pully and hi flo cats. or should i get some bling rings and call it a day.

·
Registered
596 Posts
are you from the charleston aera. and am i going to notice a difference. i keep think the next mod will lay me back in the seat. but no thrill yet . with the head upgrade,i plan on shorties and an underdrive pully and hi flo cats. or should i get some bling rings and call it a day.
No 1 mod will put you in the backseat unless it's a power adder. I did most of my mods at once and it was a totally different car. After the CAI and exhaust I barely noticed a difference at all, but with everything at once it was very noticeable. It just depends what you want, I was in your boat last month before I got HHP to do all the work, and started off just doing headers, cam, and high flow cats, but decided to keep adding onto it by the time I got the car to the shop. Find a goal and stick to it, I wanted 12s and hopefully I can pull that off with my mods. I haven't had time to hit the track yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
No 1 mod will put you in the backseat unless it's a power adder. I did most of my mods at once and it was a totally different car. After the CAI and exhaust I barely noticed a difference at all, but with everything at once it was very noticeable. It just depends what you want, I was in your boat last month before I got HHP to do all the work, and started off just doing headers, cam, and high flow cats, but decided to keep adding onto it by the time I got the car to the shop. Find a goal and stick to it, I wanted 12s and hopefully I can pull that off with my mods. I haven't had time to hit the track yet.
Still a street driven daily driver? All your mods look great!!

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
All of FRI's cams are modified Comp Cams.....

If your thinking about either of these cams why not consider the Hellfire?? It's a modified 268...... And probably runs better then the 268..... IMO

·
Registered
414 Posts
Most of the vendor's cams here will run better than the 268 in my opinion.

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Charger Scatpack
233 Posts
I've heard good things about Inertia too. I may be going with one of their Spartans.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
All of FRI's cams are modified Comp Cams.....

If your thinking about either of these cams why not consider the Hellfire?? It's a modified 268...... And probably runs better then the 268..... IMO
modified comp cams? lol.

they are ground by Comp, but thats about where the similarities stop.

old grinds like the Hellfire and littleboy may compare, but the new grinds like the Sparrow and the Scud are extremely different. even tho they are still ground by comp. the ramps and profiles are totally different now after 3 years of developement.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Most of the vendor's cams here will run better than the 268 in my opinion.

I Agree..... The 268 isn't a bad cam just old school compared to the newer lobe ramps on some custom cams....

I partial to the Inertia cams..... If they get these heavy trucks a moving, I'm sold.....

·
Registered
143 Posts
modified comp cams? Lol.

They are ground by comp, but thats about where the similarities stop.

Old grinds like the hellfire and littleboy may compare, but the new grinds like the sparrow and the scud are extremely different. Even tho they are still ground by comp. The ramps and profiles are totally different now after 3 years of developement.
ok??

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
well how about there spartan cam would i need a tc or anything else other than springs and push rods
Almost all the Cams out there you will need to upgrade the springs/rods to at least the 6.1's, and headers, or Cat-less mids.

The comp Cam is a good cam for the $$$, I have the sidewinder and it's not enough power for me......but hey I like wrenching on my car lol:beerchug:

Just Talk to all the Vendors about there Cams and go from there! Tell them what you want!

·
Registered
143 Posts
well how about there spartan cam would i need a tc or anything else other than springs and push rods
A TC is a great mod all by itself Add a good cam and suddenly your in love. LOL

The Spartan is a great cam, That's what I run in my truck. The Spartan Max is one of their newer cams and I have installed two of them, one in a truck and one in a SRT8 300

That's one stout cam....

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i woudlnt put a spartan max in any car without a converter.
been there, done that, in regards to having too big of a cam.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i woudlnt put a spartan max in any car without a converter.
been there, done that, in regards to having too big of a cam.

With out a TC I'd do a 210, 260 or a Sidewinder anything bigger your right to much duration.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
With out a TC I'd do a 210, 260 or a Sidewinder anything bigger your right to much duration.
sidewinder is the most widely sold cam for a reason.

it cant be beat when it comes down to a cam only combination.

running in PAChargers car and doing a 12.44 with stock heads (granted he had tires and a converter, but show me any other cam only car that even comes close)

:beerchug::beerchug:

·
Registered
934 Posts
I love my sidewinder. I also got upgraded rods and springs. With an underdrive pulley and sidewinder I gained 46 horses. Since then I've also added p/p FRI heads. Car is totally different. Stock SRT's are no problem for me now.

·
Registered
354 Posts
sidewinder is the most widely sold cam for a reason.

it cant be beat when it comes down to a cam only combination.

running in PAChargers car and doing a 12.44 with stock heads (granted he had tires and a converter, but show me any other cam only car that even comes close)

:beerchug::beerchug:
is PAchargers car a 5.7 or 6.1?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts