Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys eliborate on your 5.7 cams. The website is a little short on details and i dont think i've seen but one picture of any of the products. I know the fri'd stuff is kinda competition but for what you know of them could you give any pros of your race, track cams over them. There arent many specs either on the site to what is mds capapble , what is not, what needs diablo/bg. etc. thanks.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I dont really want to compare our cams to the FRI cams. We basically have 3 standard cams for the 5.7. Road, Track, Race. The Road warrior is completely plug and play with no need for tuning although tuning will bring more hp out of it. The track and Race both require either a bg flash or Diablosport custom tune. This dyno graph was done on a dodge ram with stock air filter and headers. The only mod he had was a superchips programmer. I also recomend valvesprings for all of our cams. If you want an MDS friendly cam, we can make any of these cams MDS friendly by modifying the lift. We can also do a custom grind specific to your application. I consider the Road Warrior cam good for 35rwhp, the track is 40-45rwhp, and the race is good for 45-50rwhp.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i'm on the fence about supercharging or stroking. I've turboed and supercharged most of my past cars never stroked. However i dont have enough info yet to make a decision on the stroking and reliability to the motor. Can we make the race into a cam that is good for supercharging, and capable of retaining mds( not a huge deal)? I want more than what a sidewinder is gonna do.
Push rods= mandatory
diablo = mandatory
valve spring = recommended or mandatory? i mean physically . i understand about the valve lift at high rpms. Will the cam work if stock springs are still in there for a few months?

And you said by changing lift we can retain mds. Is this by reducing the lift, or taking some away from the cam the way that this will work? Thanks, those are last questions i promise

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Thanks i'm on the fence about supercharging or stroking. I've turboed and supercharged most of my past cars never stroked. However i dont have enough info yet to make a decision on the stroking and reliability to the motor. Can we make the race into a cam that is good for supercharging, and capable of retaining mds( not a huge deal)? I want more than what a sidewinder is gonna do.
Push rods= mandatory
diablo = mandatory
valve spring = recommended or mandatory? i mean physically . i understand about the valve lift at high rpms. Will the cam work if stock springs are still in there for a few months?

And you said by changing lift we can retain mds. Is this by reducing the lift, or taking some away from the cam the way that this will work? Thanks, those are last questions i promise
No problem. We have supercharger specific cams, but they are not going to produce excellent numbers right out of the box on a NA motor. You should really decide for sure whether you want to stay all motor (stroker) or supercharge. Valve springs are mandatory, more so than pushrods. The 5.7 hemi already has a weak valve spring, so I would definitely invest in them. Also, for mds, lift would be decreased and the ramp rate would be a little softer. By the way, the website should be complete this week;)

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:grin: :grin: hahaha , yea about that whole situation. . . I have a bit of a temper but i get over things pretty quick. Hence the avatar.

Anywhos i will call you guys up and get some stroker info in a couple weeks when stuff settles down. Maybe the website will answer all the questions about it first though so we'll see. If not maybe you guys should throw a thread on here about the 5.7 stroking philosiphy. I know a lot of guys that are worried about reliability issues. The only reason i was s/c is because i have a relationship with procharger and hope to help them and myself out a little but its my daily driver until i can find a cheap srt 4 so reliability is more important right now. Maybe a thread dismissing all the bad stroking myths would do good for others as well and save you from having to repeat it to millions of lx er's. Waiting for the website til then. Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts