Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got my cam the otherday and I have most of the stuff I need to put it in but I was looking at how to post on here and had a ? http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=86546&highlight=swap
on there it says they use screw starters but I can use a pick up tool. What I need to know is how big are the push rod holes so I don't buy 16 pickup tools that are to big. And also can someone explain a little more how to use the magnets in there. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also it says all I need is
First off here is a list of supplies that you’ll need:
1) new oil and filter
2) antifreeze and distilled water
3) windshield washer fluid if you have a 300 with headlight squirters
4) motor assembly lube (can use motor oil too)
5) magnets for holding the lifters back (we used Craftsman screw starters which were perfect, but pricey at $6 a piece x 16)
6) new crankshaft bolt
7) new cam bolt (mine wasn’t in so we re-used the old without problems so far)
do I not need any sealent or gasket stuff

·
Registered
592 Posts
Prolly should have a performance shop install it....also did u get a canned tune for it or r u getting a CMR tune done..!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm geting a custom tune from inertia and I think from what I've seen the install looks easy I just want to have everything I need to do it and don't want to be suprised by anything once I have it apart. I've never paid anyone to do something I can do if at all possible.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well I'm geting a custom tune from inertia and I think from what I've seen the install looks easy I just want to have everything I need to do it and don't want to be suprised by anything once I have it apart. I've never paid anyone to do something I can do if at all possible.
Well best of luck to you bud..!

·
Registered
563 Posts
That's awesome man! More power to you! I really wish I had the balls to do this project myself b/c I would order a cam TODAY! :respect:

Keep us updated on the install!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i worked 6p to 6a and came home and went right to work i got it in amd to my surprise started first try. it sounds awesome but it needs to be tuned a little more so far im happy of course i only ran it for 5 mins and the front clip still needs to go on but i will finish tomarrow after i sleep

·
Registered
563 Posts
well i worked 6p to 6a and came home and went right to work i got it in amd to my surprise started first try. it sounds awesome but it needs to be tuned a little more so far im happy of course i only ran it for 5 mins and the front clip still needs to go on but i will finish tomarrow after i sleep
Nice! How long did it take you??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it was like 95 out so I took alot of water breaks and ran a drill bit thru my finger so that cost me time but if it was just work by itself I would say about 10 hrs but I did it by myself with no help or experience so I don't think that's to bad it was pretty simple just hate how hard it is to get the pass side valve cover off hardest part by far

1 - 10 of 10 Posts