Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I want a front windshield decal, block out some of the sun. I have been thinking about one that says MOPAR in blue letters. I am not sure where I can buy this though, maybe the dealership. Then again, I was thinking that I would go with a customized Decal, maybe one that says HEMI or CHARGER RT in red.

Anyway, can you comrades post some pix to give me a few ideas. I have seen a few like Turbobuckeye’s Daytona front windshield graphic and that looks cool. Would like to see more of those types of decals out there.

Thx!

D a n a

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
About a month ago, I saw a pimped out Honda driving on I-95 in the Bronx with big Chinese characters on the front glass. So I slowed down to check it out and nearly spit a mouthful of coffee onto my lap. It said "Niu Bi" (Mandarin pronounciation) which literally means "cow vagina." :D You just can't make this stuff up....

Best,

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Several months ago I think I came across something indicating that those front windshield decals are illegal in Ohio. I'm not positive, though...might be worth a little research. I see them fairly often, so if they are illegal, I'm guessing it's not strongly enforced.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Greetings,

I want a front windshield decal, block out some of the sun. I have been thinking about one that says MOPAR in blue letters. I am not sure where I can buy this though, maybe the dealership. Then again, I was thinking that I would go with a customized Decal, maybe one that says HEMI or CHARGER RT in red.

Anyway, can you comrades post some pix to give me a few ideas. I have seen a few like Turbobuckeye’s Daytona front windshield graphic and that looks cool. Would like to see more of those types of decals out there.

Thx!

D a n a
I got mine from RiderGraphix . . . but you already now that. :lol:

Actually, I had originally planned to get exactly what you described, "MOPAR" in blue letters or white letters. I have seen a lot of cars at the shows with the same lettering.

Several months ago I think I came across something indicating that those front windshield decals are illegal in Ohio. I'm not positive, though...might be worth a little research. I see them fairly often, so if they are illegal, I'm guessing it's not strongly enforced.
Hey, I have never heard that before! Thanks for givng me a heads up on that one. :( :( :( Mine do not go any lower than the legal requirement for the front sunshade tint line. Been running with them on for 3 months now so don't think its enforced, kinda like dark window tint. :lol::wink::lol:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41466

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Brian, can you send me a pic or post here one of youir decals that look exaclty like the decal on the SEMA blue Charger? Have you made one of them before? I want to shade out the sun a bit and get a cool cosmetic effect at the same time.

I also would like to see the same SEMA type decal in red leters.

Thx!

D a n a

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
I was checking thru the Ohio DMV website to get info on renewing my license (b-day is next week) and I came across some info that I did not know about Ohio laws. http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/misc/traffic_rules.htm

Bumper Height: The minimum bumper height is 4.5 inches in vertical height.

Glass/Window Tinting: Application of vehicle glass darkening material must meet Director of Public Safety specifications. Reflectorized material prohibited.

Windshield Stickers: Windshield stickers are prohibited, except that there may be in the lower left-hand or right-hand corner of the windshield a sign, poster, or decal not to exceed 4 inches in height by 6 inches in width.

I have not seen or heard of any of these being enforced except the reflectorized window tint. I know for a fact that in Gahanna, they will pull you over with reflectorized tint. The windshield sticker thing I would not be too worried about. I have had mine installed with no problems what-so-ever. My guess is its not one of those things that they could specifically pull you over for but could by added on to (i.e.) speeding ticket or reckless-driving ticket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts