Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLo, I am ready to paint the calipers and have decided to remove them. I know it is just two bolts that hold it on and this is already done. The problem is they will not come off. Am I doing something wrong? The caliper comes off seperate from the pads right? The car is an 07 with 3500 miles. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I didn't remove mine. I used the duplicolor kit and taped them off very well. A lot of people did it the same way.

I've yet to put brakes on the Charger so I can't be too much help with removing the calipers.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Got that sob. Just a little pry action. Thanks:rockon:
Yeah I was about to say that the calipers were probably partly engaged and using a screwdriver as a lever would have gotten it off. You're going to have to push in the pistons before putting the caliper back on too. I used a c clamp and a small piece of wood to push them in. You should do this before painting though.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Are you painting your calipers or powdercoating them? I want to do my sublime calipers color matched to the car. I found a G2 brake caliper kit that looks like it would be a lighter green kind of like lime, but im not sure.

I painted the the calipers while they were on the car with a foam applicator and dupli-color on my last R/T and they came out flawless and never faded or nothing

Im wondering If taking them off would be a PITA for someone like me who doesnt know how to bleed the brake lines or anythign else. Might try the green G2 caliper paint

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks DonatoM3, Chargeron24s, I am going with the dupli-color red and black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts