Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few months or years ago I had some caliper noise. Always heard like a loose metal sound in the front. Like this:
Noise from caliper: http://youtu.be/xzmBJemdDUk

Changed my pads Thursday and noise is gone. When taking my calipers and caliper brackets, I noticed a lot of rust special in the caliper guide bolt (I guess that's the name). I greased it up. Wondering if that is part of maintenance to the brake system? Is there a routine maintenance for calipers and caliper brackets? Has anyone ever experienced this? Because I had the rattle WAY BEFORE there was any need to replace calipers. And the ONLY reason I did is because the pads were cracked because of the heat. There was at least half the pad left. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Well bro from what I understand there is some maintenance you can do on the caliper parts. They sell hardware to replace some parts such as the guide pins. You can also grease them and make sure the boots have air in the little boots. Thats as far as i know bro

·
Registered
632 Posts
When I did damoochie's and my brakes, I replaced all of the metal clips holding the pads and the pressed in seals that the guide pins go in. Check the grease in then when you do it and use a high temp grease. I can't see the guide pins going bad unless the rubber boots are torn. Also use the anti squeak stuff on the back of the pads to help prevent the pads from rattling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts