Votes: 7 14.9%
  • My own homemade contraption

Votes: 1 2.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I've searched, and there's a lot all over the place here about CAI's and their differences, but I wanted to see everyboy's thoughts on this in an organized fashion. I know that the claims in hp gains are dubious at best, and for me it all really comes down to getting a better sound. So which one does the best at giving that old-school muscle growl at WOT?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Okay, I've searched, and there's a lot all over the place here about CAI's and their differences, but I wanted to see everyboy's thoughts on this in an organized fashion. I know that the claims in hp gains are dubious at best, and for me it all really comes down to getting a better sound. So which one does the best at giving that old-school muscle growl at WOT?
I got a K&N and love it...when I put it on it sounded like my Flowmasters dropped another octive..haha Anyways, I'm very happen with it.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
goto www.lxforums.com and find the MFO forum there(mods face off) it has a comprehensive detail of all sorts of different CAI's and such

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have the DUB, it sounds pretty aggressive. I instantly noticed the growl and deep tone.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If you're looking for straight up Growl nothing beats the Sheer Pantyhose Intake

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have the DUB, it sounds pretty aggressive. I instantly noticed the growl and deep tone.
DUB X2, you dont have it on the poll but that's what I have and at WOT sounds mean!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
uh...Pantyhose???

I guess I need to get out more often.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DUB X2, you dont have it on the poll but that's what I have and at WOT sounds mean!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, the DUB intake. I knew I'd forget something popular. Let me try to edit the poll...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothin' doin'. Anyone know how to edit a poll?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
yea really...are pantyhose a brand, cant imagine, lol, or does it mean something else? sounds like sheer pantyhose over your filter...?????

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Some guy bought a charger and when he went to install his new k/n drop in there was no filter only pantyhose stretched across the aitbox

·
Registered
377 Posts
Jeez...when your hard up to mod your car with pantyhose, you know your hurting for cash. One would think to save up some cash to get an actual mod. :no:

Sorry if I offended anyone, but these cars aren't cheapies...why treat it like one.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My own homemade contraption :D

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Some guy bought a charger and when he went to install his new k/n drop in there was no filter only pantyhose stretched across the aitbox
That was me :) Was a DUB cold air intake but same result, found the pantyhose, was from the dealership, someone there did it.... Paid me a thousand bucks to keep it hush hush! They also paid for 2 third part oil checks and a compression test to make sure all was OK.... I was, to say the least, shocked at what I found!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts