Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals, I know there have been many a thread about CAI (Cold Air Intakes - for the newbies) but can anyone actually say what type of performance they got from theirs? I mean you hear the claims 20 hp etc but we all know that is a bunch of jazz. Not that you do not get some performance increases but how much? Anyone see quicker times? Anyone get better gas milage? or better idle? or something other than looks and sound?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
im not even gonna post on this thread. seriously.
except this one of course.
theres liek 5 CAI posts within the last 3 pages on this forum. get real.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
With the GSM CAI my stock R/T is running 2 to 4 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile then it did with the afe or the airhammer.....
Samething with the 60' times...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Less than 10 most likely. The two best last time the folks at the other forum tested them were the Hammer and the AFE Stage II.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
CAI give little to no performance advantage what so ever, the gains posted by the companies is usually at the flywheel and negligent effect at the tires. Although some claim the CAI gives a bit of a throatier sound.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd like someone with a daytona post up any performance benefits to having an aftermarket cai. Anyone? Bueller?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put a K/N in my Denali and increased my gas mileage by 1 to 2 MPG highway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
1.7 mpg better around town 3.9 mpg better on hwy, 81 mph on stock airbox 35 mins later with mopar CAI 87 mph, this was starting on a survey marker and going to a highway sign . have know idea about actual distance

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Swapped for a K/N typhoon= more noise good noise. Any benefits no idea better mph sure if you keep your foot out of the engine compartment. Better performance sure your always on it cause it sounds good compared to the factory box. Dyno proof none.

It's official the CAI debate is over, they make great noise, increase performance cause you drive harder.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
IMO, An intake is one of those mods that doesn't give you much power, but it is a necessary Mod if you plan on doing a lot more.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'd like someone with a daytona post up any performance benefits to having an aftermarket cai. Anyone? Bueller?
I put one on mine and the only increase I got was about 2mpg's. I might have gotten the same with a drop-in filter, but who knows? I like it, it does sound better at WOT than it did stock. Honestly I can't even tell that it goes faster on the "butt dyno" than it did before...but I like it and that's what matters to me since it is my car.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
No difference here other than the sound. It looked nice too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
im not even gonna post on this thread. seriously.
except this one of course.
theres liek 5 CAI posts within the last 3 pages on this forum. get real.
+1... I did a quick search. Looked into the lxforums and came to my conclusion quick. AFE. Tons of CAI posts in any auto forums. They do get old! Search. around for your info.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
No difference here other than the sound. It looked nice too.
I didn't do mine for sound, but that is just an added bonus.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
CAI =
commonly asked inquiry?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
I put a K/N in my Denali and increased my gas mileage by 1 to 2 MPG highway.
For fear of highjacking the umpteenth thread on cai's......answer: Do some research, check your bank account, install, display smile as needed.

Anyway, where in Brick? I grew up in Brick/Pt.Pleasant.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts