Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
very cool....there are a few members that have the volant and really enjoy it. congrats man...let the modding begin....

·
Registered
290 Posts
I Heard The Volant Is A Nice Cai But A Very Time Consuming To Install...just My 2 Cents...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I ordered a MOPAR yesterday....can't wait to hear how it sounds. :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Billybobs R/T said:
I ordered a MOPAR yesterday....can't wait to hear how it sounds. :)
didn't want to hijack the thread.........but F*&^ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i put mine in last night and i have awakened a beast! :happy:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Told You Godaddy... You Would Be Really Happy Once That Puppy Was Installed... With The Exhaust And The Cai It's Like A Whole New Animal... That's The Way The Car Should Have Sounded Off The Showroom Floor... But Then We Would Not Have Modded It The Way We Have So Far...lol Nutting Beats Spending $$$...lol

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Mopar CAI is in a UPS truck somewhere nearby right now!
I have to bring the car to the dealer on 10/2 for a radio upgrade install they owe me. Might wait to put the CAI in until after although I doubt I'll have the patience.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just So You Know Hemiready The Install Takes About 25-30 Minutes At Most... Easy Install... If It Was Me As Soon As The Ups Guy Would Get There I'd Break The Box Open While He Pops The Hood...lol...

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I know what you are saying. I doubt they will give me a hassle - had a CAI in my supercharged Pontiac and had warranty issues fixed no problem. I just figured I wouldn't throw it in the service managers face (the CAI) until I meet him even though it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I can't wait for mine to get here....now I gotta save for an exhaust. :(

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Hemiready said:
I doubt they will give me a hassle...
Dude! It's Mopar!

Put that baby in!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I knew you were going to say that. Should I throw something over the twin turbo though?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
install was pretty easy although it took me about 40 minutes.........20 of which was looking for a damn nut i dropped in the engine....it took forever to feel around, decided to just reach under and pop the damn underneath....found it and then popped it to where i could see it...got a wire hanger and did a little twist....my advice.......don't drop a nut in the engine.....that sucked.

my wife came out and asked how it was going - just looked at her and said "same as always"...can never seem to do it the easy way. lol

she is so mean and it really does growl....you guys are going to love it (and between us...i think there was a little seat of the pants gain on this)...enjoy

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The famous thing around here when it comes to mods on bikes or cars is, Her: "How long is this going to take. We have to go visit (insert name of your choice". Me: "Should be about an hour". That goes for everything from a transmission rebuild to a car washing.
Reality? It should take about an hour, then the nut drops into the engine, the tool isn;t where I left it, the gasket rips .....................

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Tell Me About It I Broke The Damn Air Temp Sensor Clip... Had To Tie Wrap It Till The Am When I Had To Go To 4 Dealers Cause They All Said They Had It Till I Got There... The Only Person Who Helped Happened To Be A Girl At The Parts Place At The Last Dealer.. What A Laugh I Got Out Of That One.. 3 Guys And It Happened To Be A Girl That Helped... What A Kick In The Nutz....lol...

·
Registered
369 Posts
sounds like if I did it myself it would take 3 hours....nothing works for me....EVER! I'll get my buddy a 6 pack to do it I guess.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The 6 pack may be the problem.... I always dose with at least 8.

Now I don't feel so bad. I figure first I'm breaking that sensor. That's a given. Otherwise, I should be ok.
Wait till I go after the front grill. I've seen lots of posts about these elusive four screws. If anyone is feelign kindly and can take me thorugh removal and install slooowly from screw one (where do I even start) I would sing your praises for ever.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
man someone had a great write up on this....the easiest way i think would be to do the grill while you are doing the cai.....once you get rid of the stock air box....you might have enough space to get to the 4 screws.....i seem to be the only bonehead that took the whole thing off.......and the sensor is easy....1badhemi helped me on that one.....pull the red piece up and the push down on the black clip right there in front of the red piece in the raised position....sounds weird but when you go do it you will know what i am talking about......thanks to 1badhemi for the heads up, otherwise i would have yanked that thing right off and broke it also......

·
Registered
608 Posts
OK guys - Now back to the topic!!!!!! LOL ----- Did you look at the original link? That Volant is selling for $165. Something is majorly screwed up there. I ordered one too. On the same website the Volant CAI for the Magnum is $325. I called Volant today, and they said it was basically the EXACT same intake, with a slightly different down-tube than the Magnum. I think somebody over at Truckperformance.com screwed up big-time on the price.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts