Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an '07 Dodge Charger R/T with the Road and Track Performance Package a few days ago and I have a question regarding a CAI setup for the 5.7L HEMI. First off, what brand are you guys running? I see K&N claims a 20hp gain. I am more interested in the torque gains as this is a 4,100 lb car. The more torque off the line the better. Second, will a CAI affect the warranty?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
First off, no CAI will give 20 hp. CAI won't effect warranty. As far as best CAI, most people here will agree that airhammer and AFE Stage II are the best. You don't really gain much from CAI in geneneral. You might gain 5-7 hp power. But you do get better sound.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's the opinion of the Airaid CAI with the Cool Air Dam (CAD) Model #350-193. Seems smart to use the functional hood scoop many have with the SRT8. They claim 14 additional horses, but I'd do it just for the cool sucking sound I've heard you get.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I use the Mopar CAI, The R/T package is pretty open anyway. My dealer has no warrenty problems with the MOPAR products. I'd go with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use the Mopar CAI, The R/T package is pretty open anyway. My dealer has no warrenty problems with the MOPAR products. I'd go with that.
Any published performance gains on the Mopar CAI?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I haven't heard much as far as performance goes, but every one says it sounds great.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Again, don't be concerned with the HP gains. They're nominal at best with any of them.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
They put out a package that is about 40HP. John from Mopar Performance says about 8HP. I checked all of the other man. and they make the same claim for every one they make. Mopar tests theres and have to make it for Mopar. No other manufacturer. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Again, don't be concerned with the HP gains. They're nominal at best with any of them.
That is correct. The R/T R/T package gets about 5300 cfm. So it's pretty wide open. The gain is nominal. As to what I said about the others, They make some outlandish claims, 21HP, 24HP. Not with our engines.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I love how K&N says on their site "21.09 HP @ 5216 RPM" to try and make it sound more believable. What the hell is .09 hp. That isn't even measurable. You can do a 100 dynos on the same dyno and not get the same hp to the hundredths. I would never buy something from K&N just because they put something stupid like that on their site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.