Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
i would like to hear some more reccommendations for the 2.7 also? mopar and k&n have one? What about afe? 3.5 2.7 same?

·
Registered
81 Posts
as far as i know, the 3.5 cai can't be dropped into the 2.7. i also have the cheapo one from e-bay. i like it... it makes sound a little deeper too. though... i don't know how much it keeps the air cooler, because after me driving around for a while the aluminum pipe is burning hot... sooooo, yeah.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
as far as i know, the 3.5 cai can't be dropped into the 2.7. i also have the cheapo one from e-bay. i like it... it makes sound a little deeper too. though... i don't know how much it keeps the air cooler, because after me driving around for a while the aluminum pipe is burning hot... sooooo, yeah.
check to see if the pipe is touching hot metal, like the engine itself. also do you have a heat sheild? if noti would pick one up, like the mopar 3.5 intake has. it will help.

i still cant figure out why they call short ram intakes CAI's... its soooo misleadin' brah!:lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
check to see if the pipe is touching hot metal, like the engine itself. also do you have a heat sheild? if noti would pick one up, like the mopar 3.5 intake has. it will help.

i still cant figure out why they call short ram intakes CAI's... its soooo misleadin' brah!:lol:
where could i get a heat shield for something like that?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
where could i get a heat shield for something like that?
call up dodge and see if they can special order JUST the heat sheild for their mopar intake...

or you can custom make one, or see if anyone on here is selling their intake and might wanna sell seperately

·
Registered
326 Posts
I see that [email protected] make one for our 2.7s. The filter and the plastic tube. But for the life of me I cant figure out why a plastic tube and a filter can cost 269 dollars to 289 dollars. This boggles my mind.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I see that [email protected] make one for our 2.7s. The filter and the plastic tube. But for the life of me I cant figure out why a plastic tube and a filter can cost 269 dollars to 289 dollars. This boggles my mind.
ABS plastic is cheap, however 1) the name isnt, and 2) the R&D that they took the time and materials is what we pay for. the filter is prob 50-60$ of the cost. then their CARB and various other approval costs of getting parts to be accepted as legit has a cost.

but shop around.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I see Airaid has a quickfit cai that fits out 2.7s but we use our stock tube then install the base and the quick fit filter. Is there any disadvantages of using our stock tube or does it make a difference in tubes?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I see Airaid has a quickfit cai that fits out 2.7s but we use our stock tube then install the base and the quick fit filter. Is there any disadvantages of using our stock tube or does it make a difference in tubes?
all depends...most rubber tubes offer a bit of restriction. basically you get the look of the filter in the engine bay, with a more free flowing filter.

if you go that route, another option is to keep the stock setup and use a k&n drop in filter...or something drop in of a performance nature...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Magnum engine similar to chargers?
im scared to buy something $300 and found out it aint gonna fit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts