Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I have been busy. I just got finished installing an airraid CAI, Diablo, and 180* t-stat. I took her out for a test drive and boy does she have more peep. I installed the performance tune and adjusted the temp that the fans turn on. I put them between 183 and 190. i hope that was right. when i was out driving the temp never droped below 177* and did not go above 185*. The temp outside is about 50*. After about a 15 min drive, i slower to about 25mph and floored it and the wheels broke loose, that was nice. well if any had any advice about fan settings that would be great. i have seen a lot of different settings for the fans. bigger fan higher temp, smaller fan, lower temp. talk to you guys later....

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Glad to hear yours works well. Now if it would stop raining I could use my diablo and have some fun.... ;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Forgive my ignance but what is a Diablo

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hello to all, I have been busy. I just got finished installing an airraid CAI, Diablo, and 180* t-stat. I took her out for a test drive and boy does she have more peep. I installed the performance tune and adjusted the temp that the fans turn on. I put them between 183 and 190. i hope that was right. when i was out driving the temp never droped below 177* and did not go above 185*. The temp outside is about 50*. After about a 15 min drive, i slower to about 25mph and floored it and the wheels broke loose, that was nice. well if any had any advice about fan settings that would be great. i have seen a lot of different settings for the fans. bigger fan higher temp, smaller fan, lower temp. talk to you guys later....
Help....How do you set the fan with the Diablo???....did not see that option in my Diablo. Did set the perf tune, ESP off and firmer shift point...awesome!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Help....How do you set the fan with the Diablo???....did not see that option in my Diablo. Did set the perf tune, ESP off and firmer shift point...awesome!
Be aware that turning off the ESP also turns off ABS and a few other things. At least that iswhat I hear. I haven`t installed my Diablo yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When its hooked up, go to performance tune again, and it will ask you if you want modify the tune....thats where you change the fan settings.

·
Registered
660 Posts
FYI the fans are already adjusted in the tunes for a 180 stat. They are set a little higher than what you have. I'm assuming your low fans are set to kick on at 183, and high at 190. I'd suggest going a little higher because with the settings you are running, your fans will be on almost 100% of the time. A typical 180* stat runs at about 183-185, so setting them at 183 will probably shorten your fan life. Diablo's default settings are 189 for low fans and 199 for med/high. I have found that to be perfect, as the only time my fans come on is if I'm sitting in traffic, then they stay on until I'm back at 185. The ambient air takes care of it when I'm moving.
Enjoy

·
Registered
660 Posts
When its hooked up, go to performance tune again, and it will ask you if you want modify the tune....thats where you change the fan settings.
It's also in the QA. It's probably easier that way in case you want to change quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts