Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hooked up my K&N 63 series CAI. This post is to the posers out there that say there is no hp increase. Here, come close to the screen....closer...I want you to read this right...closer...

YOU ARE FULL OF SH!T!

This m-f-ing thing puts my 230 pound ass back in the seat. I feel an extreme difference than without it. I see a lot of people put their faith in the dyno tests those guys did over at LXForums...well, they must have hooked the bastard up wrong or something (I saw the printouts as their "proof", not satisfied anymore with that). All I know is there is more than a "slight" change in the putting-the-ass-back-in-the-seat feeling.

Well, if this only gave 10 to 20 hp in gain, I can't wait to feel 123 hp gain in the Novi 1200 supercharger. I mean balls I say...

P.S. I get my Magnas hooked up Tues. MUAHAHAHA Watch out GoDaddy...I am catching up! :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I agree,I felt a better acceleration when I got my MOPAR installed today.I don't know it was 20 HP,but there is definitely a difference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What is the MOPAR part number for their CAI? The service department at my Dodge dealer say the CAI is not yet available.

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
part number is P4510832

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Would the CAI mod be necessary on the SRT-8 since it had the functional hood scoop? Does that provide enough air or would the CAI help as well?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm a newbie as far as this stuff goes,but I don't see why not.

·
Registered
549 Posts
moparfan said:
Would the CAI mod be necessary on the SRT-8 since it had the functional hood scoop? Does that provide enough air or would the CAI help as well?
IIRC the SRT-8 is supposed to have everything optomized and I am not sure a CAI would help. The SRT-8 does have a functional hood scoop since it dumps the air into the engine bay to help cool the engine but the intake is not routed over to gain any benefit from the hood scoop.

Later

·
Registered
382 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
The SRT-8 does have a functional hood scoop since it dumps the air into the engine bay to help cool the engine but the intake is not routed over to gain any benefit from the hood scoop.
That's not functional, that's just a hood with a hole in it. :tongue:

·
Registered
630 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
IIRC the SRT-8 is supposed to have everything optomized and I am not sure a CAI would help. The SRT-8 does have a functional hood scoop since it dumps the air into the engine bay to help cool the engine but the intake is not routed over to gain any benefit from the hood scoop.
This is correct. The thru-hood air is split and routed to either side of the engine directly over the exhaust manifolds (headers?) to help cool the engine bay. There is no thru-hood direct induction, therefore the CAI would probably be a bolt on just like the 5.7's. Although not a direct induction from the hood, at least having a cooler engine bay would allow the CAI to have cooler air as well.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Well, I do know that the 300C SRT-8 that competed in One Lap did have the Mopar CAI intstalled. Generally, those guys dont do things with no gains the car they are racing with. Maybe a SEMA car, but when the companys rep is on the line, its all about winning.

If there were no gain, but no loss either, they might throw it on there for giggles and to hook up Mopar with some face time.

Am I saying theres a gain? Nope, I need more evidence, before and after runs by maybe 4-6 owners at a track. I'm not doubting your word, dag, but I test things for a living, and in my world, you have to be able to quantify a thing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GLHS837 said:
Am I saying theres a gain? Nope, I need more evidence, before and after runs by maybe 4-6 owners at a track. I'm not doubting your word, dag, but I test things for a living, and in my world, you have to be able to quantify a thing.
That's cool. As far as quantifiable statistics, I haven't ran a dyno or track times yet to show you those, but as qualitative measures go, you can feel the difference, point blank.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I can also say I'm getting about 2 miles to the gallon better. I don't care what anybody says that you don't. I reset my Fuel milage before work today.I was getting almost 2 mpg better :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah i can feel it or the sound makes me think i feel it...whichever, to each his own, but i definitely love it....and that's a fact jack!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts