Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an add for a cabin air filter on www.authenticdodge.com, which suggested that the cabin air filter would fit all dodge chargers. I thought cabin air filtration was limited to cars with the protection package, but the add suggests that all chargers are set up to accept the cabin filter, but that installation of the filter requires removal of windshield wipers. If the car is indeed designed to accept the filter, it's not very expensive! Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey guys, what exactly is this doing.....is this just filtering the air into the cabin...maybe a huge stupid question but never had a car that had a cabin filter before.

it does look pretty easy to install it...

·
Registered
197 Posts
It removes dust, pollen, and other pollution from the outside air and dumps clean air into the cabin. It's a big deal for folks with allergies (like me): I had one in my 2002 Stratus coupe, and it really works great. I may get one for my R/T in the near future.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
cool, then would this also help keep dust out of the car...i have noticed that the charger seems to keep the dust out of the cabin very well. but any little bit would help and this looks easy and is fairly cheap to do. anything to help me not clean my charger everyday helps....i obssess enough about this car....my neighbors think i am weird as it is with my car.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I did the install on mine last night and did not need to remove the wiper blades (might have made it a little easier, though). It's a really tight fit (took me about 45-50 minutes compared to the 20-30 they said it would).

Yes, it's just to filter the air into the cabin. As previously mentioned, it gets rid of pollen and dust, but I've found it can also cut down quite a bit of exhaust fumes and cigarette smoke from other drivers if you're sitting in traffic. For really nasty air, though, you'll probably still want to put the A/C in recirc.

·
Registered
384 Posts
ive seen the pics of the filter, what do you think of using a k&n drop in filter instead?

I imagine it could be a huge ***** but still :D

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
trying to make the air circulate faster beezn??!! always looking for performance....lmao!

·
Registered
384 Posts
it can add an additional 12 hp!

course if that were true I'd fill the trunk with them.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
AZcharger and myself installed these... if you actually read the instructions alll the way the first time it is a simple install.... the 2nd install took about 20 min....wipers do not need to be removed

·
Registered
52 Posts
Put mine in today--took me about an hour. I did pull the wipers and completely removed the leaf guard and crosscar beam per the instructions. Probably why it took longer...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Confirmed on my SRT8.

SRT8 must come standard with it ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts