Charger Forums banner

C______r 2005 representation

8K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  CarFreak 
#1 ·
Well I have been to told that this is a very very close representation of the C_____r . Just remember headlights and trim details are subject to change at this stage of the game . Also I never have time to really polish this one but it gives the general ideal of what it looks like . :)

See less See more
#3 ·
MoparMan said:
I'm not knocking your work, but I think if the front of the Charger looks like that we can expect the rest of it to be boxy (and frankly, ugly) like the 300 and Magnum.

Well that pic is based on and approved by someone who has first hand knowledge of the C____r . They said it was amazingly realist . But things like headlights and grill insert had not been decided upon . However that is the shape of the headlights is right . :)

#4 ·
Again, I have no complaints with the work you've done - it's way better than anything I could have done. Taking your pic as a representation of what the C will look like, I don't have a good feeling for the rest of the looks of the car. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but at this point I've given up waiting for any cool looking LX to come out.

#5 ·
Sorry,

But from what I have read in Autoweek, various press releases, and from a person interviewed on Dave Despain's WindTunnel who as seen the vehicle, the Charger will look NOTHING like the Magnum or 300. The car will share the same platform and chassis, but will have a dramatically different body style. This was part of the Chrysler press release in Autoweek.

It sounds like your friend complimented you on the headlights...not the overall design. It looks like the new headlight decals they have placed on the Nascar Intrepid, which is very different from the old Intrepid headlights.

#9 · (Edited)
Posted by MoparMan - Yesterday at 04:27 PM
Any new info on the side profile of the car? Number/type of doors?

Yes I now know the side profile and I am slowly working on a pic . I think over all the car is going to look good- real good ! Oh it is a 4 door but thats not new news . I wish I had more time to work on it but right now I have very little time to work on the pics.

Posted by Omegalock - Today at 06:37 AM
Quick request though the crossbar grill could you make it narrow in the middle and then flair out at the ends? Instead of <|> make it more >|<.

Do you mean the cross hairs themselves or the over all grill?

Oh heres a qwickie pic with a tail fin !

edit for pic

#10 ·
Yeah, I had picked up from PVO engineers that it would be four doors, I was just hoping for a change of heart. Not to drag the 2 or 4 debate over here from AllPar, but my interest in a 4 door is far lower than my interest in a 2 door. I think DCX is going to find out the hard way that I am not alone in this opinion.

#12 ·
MoparMan said:
BTW: if your rendering is accurate and that car is a 4 door, there is no way I would ever consider buying it. Based on the limited info in your pic, the car is not nearly attractive enough to me to overcome the extra 2 doors.
I still can't imagine that that's what it'll really look like. But if it is, we'll be calling that "the face that sold ten thousand GTOs".

#16 ·
70RT said:
Okay 58....

Take the concept, add some curve to the tops od the fenders, lean the headlights back while keeping the grille angled forward, and extend the arc on the quarter panels forward to the B-pillar.
So you're saying it has more of a coke-bottle shape, then, a la the 68-74 Chargers?

And what about the tail? Magnum-derived or more like the '99?

#21 ·
58, that rendering with the spoiler is absolutely awesome! I'd do everything in my power(legally) to get a hold of a Charger like that. Hopefully the idea of spoilers will get tossed around by Dodge.

I really gotta kick outa that one you did with the corvette looking front finders and the concept Charger rims. That was really cool! Although not quite what most non-Mopar educated shoppers would be looking for. I think that plays a lot into why the Charger is supposed to look the way it will. They are trying to sell them to younger people like me....... fortunately I am one of if not the biggest 18 year old Mopar enthusiast in existance so I won't be fooled by a family car with a cool name. What would really suck is if they tried to bring back all of the early Mopar names and slap em' on sedans!!! I am really hoping to see a new Roadrunner, Challenger, Barracuda, and even a Duster! However if Dodge defiles their names too I will become the biggest Chevy boy Dodge has ever seen!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.