Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been to told that this is a very very close representation of the C_____r . Just remember headlights and trim details are subject to change at this stage of the game . Also I never have time to really polish this one but it gives the general ideal of what it looks like . :)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
I'm not knocking your work, but I think if the front of the Charger looks like that we can expect the rest of it to be boxy (and frankly, ugly) like the 300 and Magnum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MoparMan said:
I'm not knocking your work, but I think if the front of the Charger looks like that we can expect the rest of it to be boxy (and frankly, ugly) like the 300 and Magnum.


Well that pic is based on and approved by someone who has first hand knowledge of the C____r . They said it was amazingly realist . But things like headlights and grill insert had not been decided upon . However that is the shape of the headlights is right . :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Again, I have no complaints with the work you've done - it's way better than anything I could have done. Taking your pic as a representation of what the C will look like, I don't have a good feeling for the rest of the looks of the car. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but at this point I've given up waiting for any cool looking LX to come out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Sorry,

But from what I have read in Autoweek, various press releases, and from a person interviewed on Dave Despain's WindTunnel who as seen the vehicle, the Charger will look NOTHING like the Magnum or 300. The car will share the same platform and chassis, but will have a dramatically different body style. This was part of the Chrysler press release in Autoweek.

It sounds like your friend complimented you on the headlights...not the overall design. It looks like the new headlight decals they have placed on the Nascar Intrepid, which is very different from the old Intrepid headlights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
The second one looks good the first.....no comment. :)

Quick request though the crossbar grill could you make it narrow in the middle and then flair out at the ends? Instead of <|> make it more >|<.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Posted by MoparMan - Yesterday at 04:27 PM
Any new info on the side profile of the car? Number/type of doors?

Yes I now know the side profile and I am slowly working on a pic . I think over all the car is going to look good- real good ! Oh it is a 4 door but thats not new news . I wish I had more time to work on it but right now I have very little time to work on the pics.


Posted by Omegalock - Today at 06:37 AM
Quick request though the crossbar grill could you make it narrow in the middle and then flair out at the ends? Instead of <|> make it more >|<.

Do you mean the cross hairs themselves or the over all grill?


Oh heres a qwickie pic with a tail fin !




edit for pic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Yeah, I had picked up from PVO engineers that it would be four doors, I was just hoping for a change of heart. Not to drag the 2 or 4 debate over here from AllPar, but my interest in a 4 door is far lower than my interest in a 2 door. I think DCX is going to find out the hard way that I am not alone in this opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
BTW: if your rendering is accurate and that car is a 4 door, there is no way I would ever consider buying it. Based on the limited info in your pic, the car is not nearly attractive enough to me to overcome the extra 2 doors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
MoparMan said:
BTW: if your rendering is accurate and that car is a 4 door, there is no way I would ever consider buying it. Based on the limited info in your pic, the car is not nearly attractive enough to me to overcome the extra 2 doors.
I still can't imagine that that's what it'll really look like. But if it is, we'll be calling that "the face that sold ten thousand GTOs".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
The all over grill. The part surrounding the crosshairs. Just thinking if the grill went from larger to smaller it would give it a more aggressive look up front and flow with the headlights a bit better. But nice work none the less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought I would post this here also .I was told that it was as close as I could get without being there. :)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Okay 58....

Take the concept, add some curve to the tops od the fenders, lean the headlights back while keeping the grille angled forward, and extend the arc on the quarter panels forward to the B-pillar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
70RT said:
Okay 58....

Take the concept, add some curve to the tops od the fenders, lean the headlights back while keeping the grille angled forward, and extend the arc on the quarter panels forward to the B-pillar.
So you're saying it has more of a coke-bottle shape, then, a la the 68-74 Chargers?

And what about the tail? Magnum-derived or more like the '99?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
58Hawk said:
Well that pic is based on and approved by someone who has first hand knowledge of the C____r . They said it was amazingly realist . But things like headlights and grill insert had not been decided upon . However that is the shape of the headlights is right . :)
Not even. The car is already built for the next show.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top