Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I apologize in advance for my English, as I am using a translator!
I purchased a used 2013 Dodge Charger V6.
On the dashboard lit "brake, abs, esp" through the diagnostic computer I found the error: C2200-49 (The Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Module has detected an internal electronic error)
I read this thread and a couple more pages from google and thought that my problem was clearly in the ABS module.
I ordered a used module from ebay, put it on my car and got the same error, even after adapting.
Gas Machine Wood Auto part Metal

On the old module I noticed a strange behavior, sometimes after washing car all the errors could disappear and it could run for 30 seconds.
Could the problem be due to a torn wire? Or a grounding problem, I don't know what to do at this point :(

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Check the ABS Module wiring harness/connectors for corrosion or damage. Before installing the ABS module wiring harness connector, onto the ABS module, be sure the seal is properly installed in the connector.
C2200-49 is a code for ABS internal error. It can mean the ABS module and hydraulic control unit do not match. The ABS module is mounted on the hydraulic control unit (HCU) and C2200-49 can get set if the ABS module or the HCU were replaced individually from different cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the ABS Module wiring harness/connectors for corrosion or damage. Before installing the ABS module wiring harness connector, onto the ABS module, be sure the seal is properly installed in the connector.
C2200-49 is a code for ABS internal error. It can mean the ABS module and hydraulic control unit do not match. The ABS module is mounted on the hydraulic control unit (HCU) and C2200-49 can get set if the ABS module or the HCU were replaced individually from different cars.

Yes, I read that already, I told you that I changed the abs module, but nothing has changed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Oh, I just now noticed that the module may not fit the pump, I had the whole module assembled but I only put the electric module in, do you think I should replace the whole thing?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The ABS module needs to fit the HCU properly. Also, the brake’s hydraulic system must be bled anytime air enters the hydraulic system. The ABS must also be
bled anytime air enters the HCU.
The two systems (brakes and ABS) must be bled as two independent braking systems. The non-ABS portion of the brake system is bled at the wheels with fluid added to the master cylinder (traditional brake bleeding procedure). The ABS portion of the brake system must be bled separately using a diagnostic routine to cycle the ABS module.

When assembling the ABS module to the HCU ...
When installing new O-rings or solenoid valve stem seals, do not use any type of lubricant.
If the seals (1) on the solenoid valve stems (2) are not new, replace them all. Each of the solenoid valve stem seals must be new to keep out moisture and debris; do not reuse solenoid valve stem seals.
Font Gas Auto part Cylinder Circle

Replace the pump/motor connector O-ring (1) if it is not new. Be sure the O-ring is properly seated in the mounting groove (2).
Font Art Circle Auto part Gas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ABS module needs to fit the HCU properly. Also, the brake’s hydraulic system must be bled anytime air enters the hydraulic system. The ABS must also be
The two systems (brakes and ABS) must be bled as two independent braking systems. The non-ABS portion of the brake system is bled at the wheels with fluid added to the master cylinder (traditional brake bleeding procedure). The ABS portion of the brake system must be bled separately using a diagnostic routine to cycle the ABS module.

When installing new O-rings or solenoid valve stem seals, do not use any type of lubricant.
If the seals (1) on the solenoid valve stems (2) are not new, replace them all. Each of the solenoid valve stem seals must be new to keep out moisture and debris; do not reuse solenoid valve stem seals.
View attachment 309497

Replace the pump/motor connector O-ring (1) if it is not new. Be sure the O-ring is properly seated in the mounting groove (2).
View attachment 309498
Hi, thank you for such a detailed explanation, I'm taking the car to the service tomorrow, they said they would pump the brake system with a vacuum! I hope that replacing the unit will help me get rid of the error С2200-49. Either the seller on ebay says that this module has been tested and was fully operational. So I think it's just not really compatible with my hydroblock. Hopefully the hydroblock that came with the abs module will work together
Black Material property Font Gas Metal

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

View attachment 309497

View attachment 309498
Unfortunately, after replacement I still get C2200-49

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'm taking the car to the service tomorrow
Did the service technician offer any explanation? There's no other codes being reported? Have you checked the ABS fuses in the front fuse box (engine bay fuses #5 and #36)? The 2013 Service Guide shows fuse #14 as a ABS fuse but the link below shows #14 as a Spare. You may want to check #14 to see if it has a fuse.
Fuse Box Diagram Dodge Charger (2011-2019)

You may need to purchase a Integrated Control Unit (ICU) that includes a matching Hydraulic Control Unit (2) and ABS Module (1).
Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Cylinder Auto part

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did the service technician offer any explanation? There's no other codes being reported? Have you checked the ABS fuses in the front fuse box (engine bay fuses #5 and #36)? The 2013 Service Guide shows fuse #14 as a ABS fuse but the link below shows #14 as a Spare. You may want to check #14 to see if it has a fuse.
Fuse Box Diagram Dodge Charger (2011-2019)

You may need to purchase a Integrated Control Unit (ICU) that includes a matching Hydraulic Control Unit (2) and ABS Module (1).
View attachment 309536
I ended up with unscrupulous auto masters, they did a very bad job that I had to fix it twice.
They say they just sent me a faulty unit from ebay and mine is faulty too. But it can't be like that. Or can it?
I'm thinking of trying to order another unit from ebay, I don't know if that's a good idea

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I guess it depends on the eBay supplier. You can also try car-part.com for a Integrated Control Unit (ICU) that includes a matching HCU and ABS Module.
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Reactions: nyansoldier

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess it depends on the eBay supplier. You can also try car-part.com for a Integrated Control Unit (ICU) that includes a matching HCU and ABS Module.
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Hi, I went to the electrician, he checked the whole unit, it was fine, we went on to the PCM and he found a burst resistor there. We soldered in a new one and oh my god, the unit started!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Nothing like hands-on diagnostics to solve the problem. Glad to see it's fixed.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Unfortunately, the problem is still back,
If it was working, and then quit again, it is worth checking all the fuses (front and rear fuse boxes) to see if any fuses blew. If the PCM had a burst resistor there may be an electrical problem with the wiring harness/connectors (e,g short, grounding, etc...).
Does your scanner scan all modules/codes like the BCM (body control module)? There may be some other Bxxxx body codes to give you some information.

If the ICU (includes HCU and ABS Module) is replaced the ABS system must be bled using a diagnostic routine to cycle the ABS module. The ABS module also needs to be initialized using the service diagnostics. If not initialized, the ABS indicator will flash continuously.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it was working, and then quit again, it is worth checking all the fuses (front and rear fuse boxes) to see if any fuses blew. If the PCM had a burst resistor there may be an electrical problem with the wiring harness/connectors (e,g short, grounding, etc...).
Does your scanner scan all modules/codes like the BCM (body control module)? There may be some other Bxxxx body codes to give you some information.

If the ICU (includes HCU and ABS Module) is replaced the ABS system must be bled using a diagnostic routine to cycle the ABS module. The ABS module also needs to be initialized using the service diagnostics. If not initialized, the ABS indicator will flash continuously.
It worked until the car started moving. The master definitely said that it was already a block. Now I want to buy a new one. Should I look for someone to change the vin number on it? Or will it just need to be initialized and all

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
If you have the AlfaOBD diagnostic software, and a supported dongle that plugs into the car's OBD2 port, you can cycle the ABS module and initialize it.

Reactions: nyansoldier
1 - 17 of 17 Posts