Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some people suggesting that the Nascar Charger is the Car and Driver rendering, but I don't see it. The nose is entirely different. It looks like a shark. For the most part, the nose is the most indentifiable part of the Nascar racing body. I don't think it would be radically changed in looks from the production car. These comparision photographs show the obvious differences.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the only common feature that both cars share. The rear passenger window. However, if you take a close look, even that is different. The window is there, but fender sheetmetal is different.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree, but they could make a special limited edition "Daytona" version that has this "better for nascar" nose (its been done before) and that would be a sham, :( oops I mean shame.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Then why would they even bother calling it a Charger if it doesn't look similar to the production Charger. I am not trying to argue here but just looking at the pictures that are shown makes me wonder again if I am getting all worked up for nothing and parinoid about the Charger looking like a rolling lead box with an R/T badge on it. Which if the C&D Rendering is close then the Nascar Charger should look like an aerodynamic brick also :) IMHO.... Anyone have any information on the new patent pictures for the car? If I remember correctly the last ones shown were apparently just sketches that were submitted but may not have been the final product.

Later

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, "specialty" cars are completely outlawed in Nascar. They have to be mass produced. This ruling has been in effect since 1971. The ruling killed the Charger Daytona, Superbird, and Torino Talledega. It would not be allowed to happen again.

It may be the two door version. I think the C & D rendering is the Magnum sedan variant. Chrysler is producing this for Police fleets. I would not be surprised it shows up as a sedan in their line-up.

It could end up being like what the Stratus is now. You have a four door sedan and a two door coupe that look very different.

You could have the Charger Daytona version that is a two door coupe which is raced, and you could have the four door sedan which is a more run of the mill sedan. Both could be called "Charger."

·
Registered
549 Posts
Good point. So the two door and four door could be different looking compaired to eachother. I sure hope that they both look similar and not anything like the green box that I have on my desktop that I am trying to get use to :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, they were under the gun to produce a sedan. So it makes sense that they would essentially do a sedan variant of the Magnum and call it something else. The engineering and tooling would take too long to produce.

However, they could design a completely different coupe. I think that is what the Nascar mule is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
shelbyduster said:
This is the only common feature that both cars share. The rear passenger window. However, if you take a close look, even that is different. The window is there, but fender sheetmetal is different.
Great close up of the rear window. It convinces me that the NASCAR car is modeled after a two door coupe!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts