Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking about buying new SRT8 style Chrome 20x9 wheels to replace the original wheels on my 2006 Dodge Charger R/T Go ManGo.

-- I can get a set of four Dodge Charger SRT8 Chrome 20x9 wheels here: http://www.finishlinewheels.com/specials/22,DODGE+CHARGER/ (example).

-- Or four of them 4 at the ebay price in this offer: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-S...ewItem?hash=item250159069318#ebayphotohosting (example).

-- Or I can get the 20" Factroy OEM Dodge Charger Magnum SRT-8 chrome rims at "Dodge" prices: http://www.sgwheelsonline.com/produ...d=652&osCsid=42209c7eeee5cb0ae4b0e23f829a913e (example).

============ > Any thoughts on hidden pitfalls when buying replicas? Would you go with the OEM wheels (make the investment?) or are replicas just as good (and save some money?).

I have a feeling I know what the answer will be. But your feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
you've got a bad link posted

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to our Dodge Dealership to look at the 20" Dodge Charger/Magnum SRT-8 chrome rims on their limited edition PlumCrazy 2007 Dodge Charger R/T (showroom). It also comes with the red Brembo brake calipers.

Wow!!! Those wheels look sweet!!!!

If I get the wheels, I'd also put on the Brembo brakes, with sport drilled brake rotors.

Who here has this done already? Any tips? Opinions (replica vs. OEM), photos?

Thanks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I originally purchased the chrome "knock offs" for the winter but after the bad weather ended I decided to keep them on my car because I (along with just about everyone else) thought they looked better. Now I am pretty sure my stock forged wheels are probably stronger and they do weigh 1 pound less per wheel than the chrome rims. So with this said my vote would be for the chrome wheels.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
SRT -8 Wheels...

Motor18 and Ildasm... I've read both your feedback and thoughts on this, and looked at your car's pics. The feedback was very helpful, but most of all, you also have the pictures.

I must give credit where credit is due:
Both you Chargers look AWESOME with these wheels!!!

What I like about them is that they bring out the "muscle" of this modern muscle car. There are a ton of really nice other rims, and they all look good, but if you want to go into the direction that says "muscle", then these are the right wheels..

Thanks again, for sharing. Any tips on the right tires to go with? I'd imagine "low profile" type? You know, the slimmer ones... what are they called? I know "low profile" is probably not exactly correct. I hope you know what I mean.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Glad we could help. The tires are a little bit trickier because with the 20's you don't have as many options but don't let this scare you. My car came with (Goodyear Eagle F1's) 245/45 R20's on the front and 255/45 R20's on the back. The other factory option was the All-Season Eagle RSA's which were 245/45 R20's on all four corners. I am currently running Nitto 420s on the car now because I wanted to maintain the factory stagger and the rubber compound was a bit harder which I needed for the roads around here. If you check around forums like the "SRT8 OC" you will see allot of people going with either the "Nitto Invos" or the "Falken FK452's". I do think as wheel sizes grow there will be even more options in the future. I would also check out tirerack.com for other tire options.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks...

Glad we could help. The tires are a little bit trickier because with the 20's you don't have as many options but don't let this scare you. My car came with (Goodyear Eagle F1's) 245/45 R20's on the front and 255/45 R20's on the back. The other factory option was the All-Season Eagle RSA's which were 245/45 R20's on all four corners. I am currently running Nitto 420s on the car now because I wanted to maintain the factory stagger and the rubber compound was a bit harder which I needed for the roads around here. If you check around forums like the "SRT8 OC" you will see allot of people going with either the "Nitto Invos" or the "Falken FK452's". I do think as wheel sizes grow there will be even more options in the future. I would also check out tirerack.com for other tire options.

Much appreciated!... definitely enough to get me started, and point me into the right direction if I need more help. The people here have never let me down. Great people, great forum to give or receive help.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I am thinking about buying new SRT8 style Chrome 20x9 wheels to replace the original wheels on my 2006 Dodge Charger R/T Go ManGo.
What are your plans for the black pocketed stock 18" OEM Daytona rims from your Mango?

What condition are they in?

Want to do an even swap for a set without the Black Accents? I'll make it easy for you....I might even drive up there to do the switch. :nervous s

Seriously, if interested in any type of arrangement....let me know.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What are your plans for the black pocketed stock 18" OEM Daytona rims from your Mango?
What condition are they in?
Want to do an even swap for a set without the Black Accents? I'll make it easy for you....I might even drive up there to do the switch. :nervous s Seriously, if interested in any type of arrangement....let me know.

They are in excellent condition. Only 4500+ miles on them.

I appreciate the offer, and will keep it in mind. Only thing is, I am looking for 20 inch rims with low profile tires. So, please don't be disappointed if I thankfully decline, although the offer is fair, and more than reasonable. Do you have pictures??? How about you let me see them, and I'll think about it.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
They are in excellent condition. Only 4500+ miles on them.

I appreciate the offer, and will keep it in mind.
Only thing is, I am looking for 20 inch rims with low profile tires. So, please don't be disappointed if I thankfully decline.

Your offer is fair, and reasonable.
I knew you were not interested in keeping the wheels we swap for. I just know a lot of people will sell their stock tires to sort of compensate for the price of their new set of wheels. I figured if we swapped and you sold my OEM wheels it would be a win-win situation.

Keep me in mind, but I will be alright. My brother is a car fanatic and made me realize all I have to do is paint them myself. So....if I can not find a killer deal on the 06 Daytona rims, I might just paint mine with help from my lil bro.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I knew you were not interested in keeping the wheels we swap for. I just know a lot of people will sell their stock tires to sort of compensate for the price of their new set of wheels. I figured if we swapped and you sold my OEM wheels it would be a win-win situation.

Keep me in mind, but I will be alright. My brother is a car fanatic and made me realize all I have to do is paint them myself. So....if I can not find a killer deal on the 06 Daytona rims, I might just paint mine with help from my lil bro.
Ahhhh... I see what you mean. Yes, I will definitely keep your offer in mind. I would not have much use for the OEM Charger Wheels after I pull them, and would not hesitate trading them for something of equal value, that I'd like to have. I've added you to my buddy list so I can contact you when the time comes to see what you have.

I may not do this until next spring, though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
oh dear lord...why did they do that to a viper

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
U.S. Olympic Basketball Team to Sign a One-of-a-Kind Viper

oh dear lord...why did they do that to a viper
:grin: :grin: :grin:

U.S. Olympic Basketball Team to Sign a One-of-a-Kind Vehicle for the Child Safety Network (CSN) and Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame (September 2007)

Starting in Atlanta at the Final Four Press Conference, CSN unveiled the Basketball Hall of Fame Viper developed by Ward Leber, CEO of CSN. The kick off event in Atlanta gathered signatures from: Bill Walton, Dominique Wilkins, Van Chancellor, David Lattin, Harry Flournoy, Mannie Jackson, K.C. Jones, C.M. Newton, Walt Bellamy, Bob Kurland and Hubie Brown. The Viper will tour the U.S. gathering signatures of Hall of Famers to bring attention to free lifesaving child safety resources available at www.csn.org.

Said John L. Doleva, President and CEO of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, "We are pleased to partner with CSN and utilize the excitement and passion for basketball to help keep children and families safer throughout the United States and around the world. Basketball is a sport for all ages and the Hall of Fame supports all facets of the game. We look forward to having many Hall of Famers and other basketball greats sign the vehicle and help promote the mission of CSN."

Said Ward Leber, CEO of the Child Safety Network: "We are very grateful to the players who will sign the vehicle; and to Mr. O'Quinn for his continued generosity."

·
Registered
230 Posts
why a Viper though? If it's baller related, why not an escalade and let GM deal with the destruction of their brand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts