Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased a Charger out of state? How has that worked if you did? Did the dealer do the financing or did you have your own? What type of warranty or protection did you get if the car you ordered was not in top condition when it arrived?

This is my problem.....We are patiently (yeah right) waiting to order the Top Banana. We live just outside Charlotte, NC and have 5 dealers that are all waiting to pounce on us when it becomes available. They all said, except one, in the beginning that there would not be a problem selling below MSRP. Now that the Go Man Go has come out and they see the hype about it, they are not sure how much they are going to charge for it. :mad:

I have been searching out of state dealers and one has offered invoice on the car. We do not want to drive that far away to pick it up so the dealer has offered to get it closer to us. I do not know what the total cost will be yet because incentives and pricing could change by the time it is in production.
My husband says he doesn't trust the "internet" with that kind of a sale. He has questions about the financing. He doesn't want to go and look at the car when it finally comes in and have something wrong with it and have to order another.....he is a very big pessimist. (world is coming to an end and he is last to be informed...lol)
I tried to reason with him and tell him that is what the dealer has insurance for and I was sure that nothing that bad would be wrong with the car. The other thing is...he wants to know who would do the warranty work? If we did not buy it local from one of the 5...how good would their work be because we did not purchase from them.
Has anyone done anything like this???
Any advise would be helpful.
Should we take the better deal and worry about the stuff I mentioned or do we take a chance at MSRP or MSRP-plus and probably get better service later?
Does anyone know what true invoice cost is on a Daytona?
:confused:

·
Registered
608 Posts
You don't need to tell any of the 5 dealers who offered you invoice price. Just use that as a threat to one of your local dealers that another has offered you the car at invoice. I bet at least 2 or 3 of those 5 will "match" the invoice price offered to you from the far away guy. Just tell them you would rather do business with them, but you can't because another has offered you a far better deal. This is exactly what I did.

A dealer about an hour from me offered me my Go ManGo for $100. over invoice. My local dealer wasn't budging off sticker. I told him that another guy offered me the car for $100. over invioce and he could either match the price or I would buy from the other. Low and behold - matched the price!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I bought my last new car sight unseen in Miami. Flew down and drove it home to MD. My local dealer does not care at all. The service department is its own deal, really. Nobodys going to tel the tech "Oh, that car wasnt bought here, dont bother to do the job right.

Your chances of getting quality service are exactly the same. Of course, the salesguy would love you to think differently, but since he wants you to buy from him, thats just a little biased. The wrench turner in back doesnt give a rats ass about a salesguy out front making promises. He's either going to good work or not.

About financing, do that yourself, get it set ahead of time. Most folks are or can join a credit union of some kind. Myself, I called my credit union (although my insurnace company USAA, wanted to do it also) and got a preapproved loan.

Took about 25 minutes, set it all up. Four days later, I have a bank draft with no value printed on it. I knew it was good for up to 45K. But any dealer would not know that. I can show it to them so they know I'm sincere about buying the car, but they have no idea of where my limit is.

Great bargaining power.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bought my daytona in Illinois and I live in California. The dealers here where also
tying to get top dollar for the car- Got mine for below MSRP- As for financing,
if you can get that taken care of before it's always better but ou can always work with dodge finance- Had the car shipped from illinois since it was already at the dealer- took a while to find a car tansporter, but the shipment went great.
Had a problem with the car shifting betwen gears when it arrived and the local dealer has been great working with the car. Service at any dealer should not be a problem.
Bought my car from Sherman Dodge in Skokie,IL- ask for Joe even if you just want to get an idea on the price- was very pleased and my brother has an STR-8 on order with him- tell him warren said to call - (847-636-4174)

·
Registered
99 Posts
i am in the process of buying out of state.

Im in Minnesota, buying from Florida. was looking for a stone white SXT (MSRP here about 26k stock). found one in FL, 2500 miles (i wanted new, but this price blew me away), but only 23k with convenience package too. inspected, clean, etc.

the dealer who found it for me is affiliated with a custom shop, so ill be able to get woodgrain, 22" rims, hood scoop, mesh grill, and some other stuff, for only 1k more than the MSRP of a STOCK sxt in MN, haha. i could easily make money off this purchse, but i like it a lot, so i think ill keep it.

tax in FL is 6%, in MN its 6.5%, so whether i paid tax there or here, id pay 6 there, and 1/2 here or all 6.5 here, so it didnt matter. howeever i could get a much better financing rate from my own credit union,so i just financed it through them....which meant that the FL dealer couldnt charge me sales tax in his state of FL

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I have been given some cool advice and tips.
I just may have found a local dealer to work with. :)

but......still waiting......... :sad:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im thinking about going out of country never mind out of state...Im in Winnipeg and with the Canadian dollar as good as it is (about .85 US) I could buy a Daytona down south and save about 5k even after taxes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
moparnutswife said:
Has anyone purchased a Charger out of state? How has that worked if you did? Did the dealer do the financing or did you have your own? What type of warranty or protection did you get if the car you ordered was not in top condition when it arrived?

Does anyone know what true invoice cost is on a Daytona?
:confused:
I bought mine out of state from a friend... got it $600 under MSRP to take care of travel cost (which amounted to $0.00 because of Frequent Flyer Points :whistle: )

I did my own financing thru www.netbank.com and the dealership handled collecting the taxes for my state.

PM me and I'll send you his name. The Dealer is in SW Michigan (30mins from South Bend and 90mins from Chicago) and I've know him for 20years; friends and family have been buying cars from him for that long...

Figured if i'm paying MSRP for a vehicle I rather have a friend get the commission...

Here's the figures on my Daytona; sans Protection II and Engine Block heater:

Dealer Hold back = $1,115
Employee Pricing = $33,875
FFP (not sure what it stands for) = $34,640
MSRP = $37,840

MSRP
LXDP48 - Charger RT RWD - $29,320
28V - Customer Preferred Package - 2,500
XRV - Rear Seat Video - 1,150
RSP - UConnect - 360
RSA- Sirius - 195
REC - 6CD/Full Map GPS - 1,495