Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to buy a Dodge Charger SXT soon and am always looking every day for them both on Craigslist and Yahoo! Autos or AOL Autos.

Can you guys tell me If these prices look good or If they look too good to be true:

http://www.carweek.com/dealer_listi...160232&showAuctions=False&certifiedOnly=False

2006 Dodge Charger SXT w/ 86K Miles for $11,995.00

----

http://www.cars-media.com/newanduse...998-99ee-d9cfb47a4f5d/2007-Dodge-Charger.aspx

2007 Dodge Charger SXT w/ 63K miles for $11,890.00

---

http://www.majorworld.com/vehicle.asp?v=767437

2007 Dodge Charger w/ 53K miles for $11,995.00

-----

http://route280auto.com/vehicle.asp?v=799839

2007 Dodge Charger w/ 16K miles for $8,995.00

---

I'll most likely be buying it from one of those dealers due to the fact they are 3.5 V6 and not 2.7. How do those prices look?

I need to know what I am doing so this is the place to start =p

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hmmmm, that very low price on the 4th one, and the mismatched rims gives me serious reservations. I'd absolutely pass on it.

As for the others, they all seem pretty similar. What's your overall budget? The ones you have selected have the 3.5L, but few other options. With some looking around you should pick up a well-optioned 06-07 SXT for below $13k - or these ones for no more than $11k.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My budget is 10K-12K. Should I go for one of those (besides the last one) then? I can't find any other ones besides those. I dont know if you know of a site where I should look for the used cars but yea. Thanks for da help.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I'll sell mine for 14K, 60K on it.....

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
In my opinion the first one has too many miles on it, id say the 3rd one is the one for you because it has the least amount of miles on it, but you gotta go and check the condition of it...The 4th one id rule out completely, too good to be true and i suspect its been in a major accident...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright - Thanks alot for the help bro.

Also, how do I tell if its 2.7 or 3.5? I just got to read the description or contact the dealer If I don't know right?

There are more 2.7 available than 3.5 but from what I heard, 2.7 is sluggish and slow so not worth it.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The first one is too much for the miles, the other two you cound try getting another $700 off? The last one probably has something wrong? Go look it over.GL!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Alright - Thanks alot for the help bro.

Also, how do I tell if its 2.7 or 3.5? I just got to read the description or contact the dealer If I don't know right?

There are more 2.7 available than 3.5 but from what I heard, 2.7 is sluggish and slow so not worth it.
All SXT's have the 3.5 engine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Since you're on a strict budget but must have a 3.5, try to find an SE with a 3.5 - there are plenty of them out there (mostly 06 and 07s) and will have a lower price than an SXT. That's if you don't mind losing the few extra SXT features (which is nothing great). The leather you find in some SXTs are nothing to write home about, and some features like rims and fogs you can add later. I got my 07 SE 3.5 at 24k for $14k ... if you are being smart, then you would trade more features for less miles.

SEs with 3.5s have 3.5 badges on both fenders, and of course you can just pop the hood or ask for pictures of the engine bay.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dealer info

well being a GM of a dealership now VW(still drive my charger of course) was with Dodge for 18 years.
The prices look as they should most of the 2.7s you will find in your price range will be ex rentals mostly enterprise and they are hit and miss with so many different drivers could be a great car could be a bad one most folks advice on here is correct, try to get as few miles as possible better to take an 2006 with 47k then an 2007 with 70 or 80k. A non4x4 auto value will drop to near nothing when it hits 100k there are advantages to buying from a private seller and a dealer which ever car you decide on have a full carfax done check every item on it, carfax will give you a better idea off how it was taken care of, and if poss get service records (dodge dealer can print any service thats ever been done at any dodge dealer) to show that oil etc was done properly
when your ready to buy open up to the dealer tell all the dealers within reach what you want tell them your a buyer you can have these docs faxed to you before you go in make sure its want and go pick it up, based on the prices you posted and what i can buy them for a dealer would have between 1500 and 2400 to work with, last thurs we brought a 3.5 for our lot 2006 55k cost 9650 plus trans fees we sold yesterday 10850 plus tnt anyway hope I helped if you have any questions just PM me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts